medical discharge from boot - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    Artillery?!?.....as far as I was aware ground combat MOS' were not open to women yet..??...

Artillery is extremely physical....setting up a howitzer is not easy task, not to mention loading the heavy rounds
    Yes they are. She was actually the first female poolee to ever receive the MOS. Her senior recruiter sent in her packet and she was chosen for it although it wasnt one of her 3 choices. But we knew you never actually get a choice. LOL

Interesting that the first female chosen to go to an arty unit didn't make it through boot camp...

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    interesting that the first female chosen to go to an arty unit didn't make it through boot camp...
    lol

the young lady in question will most likely get a "unclassified" character of discharge, and a RE3 reenlistment code... assuming that she DOES heal up to the point where she can re-enter the military, regardless of branch, she will require a waiver in order to enlist.... the waiver is to show that the physical disqualifier that resulted in her first discharge no longer exists....

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    the young lady in question will most likely get a "unclassified" character of discharge, and a RE3 reenlistment code... assuming that she DOES heal up to the point where she can re-enter the military, regardless of branch, she will require a waiver in order to enlist.... the waiver is to show that the physical disqualifier that resulted in her first discharge no longer exists....
    Unclassified or UNCHARACTERIZED?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    lol
    WOW! Thanks for the support. My daughter was INJURED. She didnt fail, if anything she tried too hard to go for honors and pushed herself too hard to please a high ranking Marine who told her he expected it of her. Having tits had nothing to do with her being injured. Many males are injured as well...

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    Thank you for the information.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    GodBless Her & Your a Good Woman 4 raising a young Lady that had the Heart 2 Do what She had 2 Do Sempers

I'm calling bull**** on this whole story. Females have zero to very minimal interaction with male Marines during recruit training, so how would a male Marine high ranking or otherwise single her out enough to influence her? Her DI's would be on her ass driving her to push harder for sure, but a high ranking male Marine? This story stinks to high heaven.

Maybe it's just the natural skepticism of a detective, but hey, that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    I'm calling bull**** on this whole story. Females have zero to very minimal interaction with male Marines during recruit training, so how would a male Marine high ranking or otherwise single her out enough to influence her? Her DI's would be on her ass driving her to push harder for sure, but a high ranking male Marine? This story stinks to high heaven.
    And my reason for 'making this up' would be???? I NEVER said this Marine was 'influencing her in boot' and never even insinuated it. This is someone who was kind enough to guide her and yes had a big influence on her when she was a poolee. She respected him greatly. Please help me understand just what the benefit would be to me to make up a story about my daughter being injured in boot and that she happened to know a high ranking Marine.What, have you never met one. They are human and many of them rather nice. I didnt use his name or rank intentionally because it really has nothing to do with the situation other that he influenced her to strive to be the best, which any Marine should do from my understanding. How the hell did this turn in to making fun of my daughters injury and me being accused of making a story up?!?! What kinda 'Marine Family' is this? Im not bored kid that has nothing better to do than question other peoples motives. I am a mom looking for advice on how to help my daughter achieve her goals.

Thank you to those of you who have actually helped me better understand this process and actually given valuable advice... It is true, this world is full of all kinds of people.

Thank you for the kind words!

Neither you or your daughter are part of the "Marine family" yet, so get off your high horse.

You are correct, both male and female recruits get hurt and FAIL to complete recruit training. It happens. I just found it ironic that in one breath you build her up as some sort of stand out physical specimen, hand picked by the Corps for some special and new program, and in the next are making excuses for why she couldn't complete the training. I wasn't making fun of you or your daughter, I was merely pointing out the irony of the situation as you yourself reported it.

Hopefully your daughter makes a speedy and full recovery, returns to recruit training, and goes on to make a remarkable change for the better in the Marine Corps. Stranger things have happened.

The only reason I even brought up her MOS is someone mentioned wether she would be able to do her MOS after the injury. (so I stated the MOS because I have no idea exactly what she would do in that MOS but knew others would) AND I mentioned how she got the MOS. Meaning she didnt volunteer for it or choose it, it was what she was given and that was only in response to a comment that females were not yet in that MOS. (which they are which is why I said she was the first) I was in no way trying to sound boastful. I actually wish she had gotten a different MOS as it will be a much harder path for her to follow and even harder being a female in a male dominated field.. Simply stating the facts and that I that I thought my daughter pushed herself too hard and why. Nothing more nothing less. If I led you to believe otherwise, I apologize, it wasnt my intention. I didnt come here to argue, simply looking for information from people who are in the Marines. I think this whole convo could have been handled better. If you had questions on if I was lying, you as a detective could surely come up with questions to prove it rather than wrongly accuse me and if I could have answered them I would have. And as for the making fun of comment. Someone else had made a snide comment about the first chosen being hurt and not finishing boot. That was not directed at you it was just the frustration of how this whole thread has gone when I was just asking for help.

Thread Information