Tattoo question
Create Post

Thread: Tattoo question

Tattoo question

I'm a senior in high school. I graduate in may. After I graduate I want to join the Marines. I want to get a tattoo when I turn 18 but I'm worried about the tattoo policy. The tattoo will never be seen in any uniform. I want an eagle tattooed on my side. I know no one here can give me a definite answer on whether or not it's acceptable but any advice is appreciated. I will upload an image of the tattoo I want on my profile. Thanks

Similar Threads:

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Rethink it. The reason you want a tattoo is not simply because you want one. But because a lot of others are getting them. No one even thinks of a tattoo until all his or her friends have them. It's the same with most everything in life, we think we're choosing on our own, but we are just following trends and fads.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    There are more threads here about tattoos than any other subject, so think about putting it off for awhile so it doesn't keep you from joining. There are hundreds of people disappointed right now that they ever got one, because they are disqualified from joining, but they just couldn't wait. Do a search here for tattoos, and you'll find a lot of threads.

Don't get a tattoo before you enlist. I repeat. Do not get one before you enlist.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    They're emphatic for a reason. No good ever comes of this, and plenty of bad comes of this, like when you go to enlist and they say sorrryyyyy, shoulda waited....that is a common lament. As someone else said, do a search on this site and see for yourself how much grief tattoos have caused numerous would-be Marines here.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Tattoos and criminal history are the two most common DQ factors here on this site, by far.

Alright thanks for all the replies. I think I'll just wait. Joining the Marines is more important to me than getting a tattoo.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Yep, and suppose, just suppose, that the Corps changes its policy on tattoos so that the one you want ends up being prohibited after all, when it wasn't today. Another disappointed would-be Marine!

Most tattoo places will give you a discount if you are a Marine first

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    crazzzzyyyyy you can get em after becoming a Marine, but not before. Huh?

Tattoo policy causes a lot of Marines to scratch their heads for sure. Will be interesting to see what the new Commandant says about them (if anything).

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Tattoo policy causes a lot of Marines to scratch their heads for sure. Will be interesting to see what the new Commandant says about them (if anything).
    Being career infantry officers I could see Gen. Dunford and Gen. Neller now both attempting to ease up on the tattoo policy...the problem is there is so many things that are plaguing the Corps right now that take precedent...eg. suicide, sexual assault, gender restrictions on combat MOS and all the other hot topic political garbage

But to the OP....don't get any tattoos until you hit the fleet. Even then be sure it is covered in PT gear...you don't wanna do anything that may ruin your potential career

Not that we would ever copycat the Army. But, they may just throw their hands up in the air and say "anything goes as long as we can't see it in your service alpha uniform".

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Not that we would ever copycat the Army. But, they may just throw their hands up in the air and say "anything goes as long as we can't see it in your service alpha uniform".
    You mean back to the way it was and the way it should be? Nah, that would make too much sense!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    Nah, that would make too much sense!
    exactly why it will never happen

Thread Information