Can I be a linguist in the Marine Corps if my MOS is not a part of 26XX?
Create Post

Unhappy Can I be a linguist in the Marine Corps if my MOS is not a part of 26XX?

I'm not a citizen but am a permanent resident, and I'm enlisting in the Marine Corps next summer. (After recruit training I'll be naturalized)
    being a non-citizen limits my ability to have certain MOS' which requires security clearance, so I've decided to go for either infantry, mechanic, metal worker, refrigeration mechanic, or aviation mechanic.
    I'm also bilingual in English and Korean. (I'm much more fluent in Korean)
    I know that I have to take the DLAB test after the ASVAB test in order to be a linguist, but is that allowed for MOS' not related to intelligence?
    also, I heard that being bilingual could get me some bonus pays per month. How does it work and do I have to have a secondary MOS of a linguist, or will I get bonus pays just by being bilingual?

- this question is not related to having a linguist MOS, but if I'm fluent in Korean, will I have a better chance of being stationed overseas (preferably in Okinawa or any other part of Japan)? One of the major reasons I'm joining the Marine Corps is because I want to see the world, and Japan is on the top of my list after Europe, which I probably have the lowest chance of being stationed.