Wife living on base?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wife living on base?

Hello devildogs. I'm in mos school right now for 0861. I'm getting married soon. But my question is how do others go about it? She wants to live on base but she is going to school. I've been stressing over this for a while now. And i just don't know what to do. Semper fi

Similar Threads:

When you arrive at your first duty station, contact the Family Housing Division housing office and they will be able to provide the answers you seek. Usually, there's a waiting list ...

Hello boot, what you should probably do is stress about graduating your mos school first and worry about where you are going to live when you graduate second. But if you need to know after you check in assuming you are already married you will rate BAH and then you can either apply for on base housing or you can live out in town.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Hello boot
    LOL...boots gonna boot

Haha. Have to start off somewhere? Everyone was a boot at some point and time

Like Kegler300 said, you must apply for base housing, after you check into your PDS unit. Most of the time, you will be put on a waiting list (we waited 13 months for housing at Camp Pendleton). While waiting, you will rate a housing allowance (based on your zip code) to help offset the cost of your rent/utilities. You should be aware, not all married Marines automatically want to live on base (tons of petty rules - as if you won't have enough already). Some prefer to rent or buy offbase and live in the civilian community. A few even manage to have a little BAH left over after paying their rent/utilities. BAH will stop once you move on base. This is something you'll have to discuss and decide with your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    LOL...boots gonna boot
    lol I hate when people who just get out of boot,MCT or A school come here and call people killer or devil dog. Im guessing that maybe back in the day it was a term of endeerment but since ive been in never has it ever been non derogatory.

at MCT they call you that because they cant call you Recruit or even non-rate.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    lol I hate when people who just get out of boot,MCT or A school come here and call people killer or devil dog. Im guessing that maybe back in the day it was a term of endeerment but since ive been in never has it ever been non derogatory.

at MCT they call you that because they cant call you Recruit or even non-rate.
    LOL....I find myself calling junior Marines "killer" or "devil" now....that or "JEW"(Junior Enlisted Warrior) which I got my a$$ chewed by a 1st Sgt for because it can/could/is mistaken for being derogatory

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    it's purely for lack of a better term

The young troopers here at Camp Lejeune get some nice housing ...

The duplex we moved into aboard Camp Pendleton overlooked San Onofre beach and the Pacific ocean. Can't even imagine how much that house would've cost if it was outside the gate - oveanview home in Southern California with direct access to the interstate!

Much better than Wire Mountian Trailers or base housing on Mission Blvd in O'Side in 1960. Base housing was always roach heaven back then.

I never stayed in base housing aboard Camp LeJeune. But I remember the big problem they had there with contaminated water. Think it was Tarawa Terrace I but not sure. The Marines and dependents who lived there during that time are eligible for medical benefits if they developed certain types of diseases.

Yes Top, We lived in TT2 when I was stationed there ,Housing was no where as nice as it is now, judging by the photo above. And We still get paperwork to fill out about the WATER We drank there . I've even have My Grandkids Doctor look at the paperwork just to make sure they are okay, from when My Daughter's where living there.

The newer housing is even better they are like freakin mansions.

Thread Information