What time do recruits usually arrive at MCRD?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If i get the phone call from my spouse, I want to be able to answer it. I'm not a light sleeper

Similar Threads:

Troop movements are not something to be discussed online in my opinion. Rather, talk to someone who would be able to help you, like his recruiter.

Zero-dark-thirty.

I'm not normally one to do stuff like this, but I gotta ask: Zupul12, your spouse has been gone less than a week and you're on the Internet wringing your hands about where he or she is and if he or she will call...how in the world are you going to adjust to a deployment where your spouse is out of contact for weeks or months at a time? I know technology has come a long way since I was in, but when operations tempo goes up, time for doing personal stuff like writing letters, making phone calls, or skyping goes way down. Did your spouse discuss any of this with you prior to them joining the USMC?

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Amazing.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    This section is replete with things of this nature. It shows the gradual change in America from the old days to now. One woman here wanted a copy of her son's training schedule so she could run in her neighborhood at the precise time her son was doing PT. We've got a long way to go, American parents. Preferably the route back to yesteryear.

It's dusty there and keeping their gear clean is a colossal test. Furthermore, the greater part of our mail and their mail IF they get an opportunity to compose is all re-coordinated through MCRD so it takes EVEN more than typical to get it. Along these lines, this is the time that you must be patient and realize that your enlisted person is BUSY and accomplishing things!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    They roll Em in after Midnight when most recruit maggots are sleeping & won't be able 2 hear some of the MaMa's boys Pi$$ing & moaning when their getting the Chit knocked out of them...ain't Life Groovy...

Actually all jokes aside, at Marine Corps Receiving they will ask him/her what is the best time to call his/her loved one. They attempt to accommodate those at home because they know this can be a hardship on everyone. So just relax and wait for the call. For instance they asked me when was the best time to call and I said any time after 2, so I made my call around 2:30, of course it was am.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post

Actually all jokes aside,

at Marine Corps Receiving they will ask him/her
    what is the best time to call his/her loved one.

They attempt to accommodate those at home
    because they know this can be a hardship on everyone.
    So just relax and wait for the call.

Gone are the days they gave you a "NICKLE POSTCARD"
    to send your MAIL ADDRESS to your parents......
    what a shame

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Bad things happen at night...........

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Gone also are the days when your parents just LET you go to boot camp and become a Marine.

Some never call. Millennials are not used to actually placing a call home (having to push all the buttons) or can't remember the number.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    hahahaha, that was priceless, Top, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirleyHarr View Post
    It's dusty there and keeping their gear clean is a colossal test. Furthermore, the greater part of our mail and their mail IF they get an opportunity to compose is all re-coordinated through MCRD so it takes EVEN more than typical to get it. Along these lines, this is the time that you must be patient and realize that your enlisted person is BUSY and accomplishing things!!

How the hell does this answer her question?

To the op they arrive either really late in the eve or really early in the morning but you might want to cut the cord 13 weeks isnt that long you will hear from the person.

Thread Information