Enlisting with waivers 2015
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Enlisting with waivers 2015

Hello my name is Blake I'm 17 and trying to enlist, however I have waivers and was looking for insight. My recruiter seemingly likes me and has faith I'll be able to get them approved but I am increasingly worried. First off I have a paraphernalia charge from when I was 14 along with a shoulder surgery from when I was 16. I got everything cleared with the pot and it was never even on my record being handled with my small town local police and my shoulder is outstanding I have no difficulties with it what so ever. I can almost get 20 pull ups so I'm really close to hitting a perfect score on my fitness test. I also scored a 54 on my ASVAB. I just can't seem to stop thinking about what if a Sgt. Major or whoever approves these things says no.. how long do I have to wait to re-request a waiver? Will moral references help? Like my high school principal/wrestling coaches? Thanks for any insight and I hope to be one of the few and proud soon.

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    If the authority that is in charge of that... Sgt Major, commanding officer, what have you...says no there is not much you or your recruiter can do beyond that.

None of us here can tell you what is going through the head of whoever makes these decisions, we are not them....if moral references are required you will be told to get them from your recruiter

Waivers are handled by the Operations Officer at the recruiting district headquarters (with guidance from the manpower branch at Headquarters, Marine Corps).

One of my former Cpl's is now a CWO-4, career recruiting officer, and OpsO for the district headquarters in St Louis, MO (6th district maybe, not sure). Have talked to him, he handles all the waivers for his district.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    How long do I have to wait to re-request a waiver?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeGress View Post
    How long do I have to wait to re-request a waiver?
    you don't request a waiver, your recruiter will tell you if you need one and will move forward with it if he/she feels you possess the traits to become a Marine. If they tell you that you are disqualified, you don't get to "request a waiver" for your own sake

Thread Information