Airman to Marine
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Lightbulb Airman to Marine

Hello Everyone, I am a currently active SSgt in the Air Force station in New Mexico. I just turned 30 and am less than a year from separating from the Air Force. I have decided to join the Marines after separating and while it is a bit of an unorthodox move it isn’t an impulsive decision, I have thoroughly analyzed this decision for the last three years. When I first consider joining the military Marines was the way to go for me, I have a great respect for that service but at that age my decisions where more logical and the air force offered me a bit of adventure and most importantly school. After 7 years in the Air Force I have managed to not get any education without lack of trying and hating myself choosing that route and the sacrifices on my personal life for nothing. Don’t get me wrong I heard great things about the Air Force from the earlier generations of Airman and have a great respect for the service but not the current quality of the force. A bunch of spoil entitled brats that wouldn’t know hard work if it bit them on butt. Not all are like this but the majority of the force is. I want to be proud of what I do and work with those that appreciate what they have earned. All I can expect from the Air Force in my future is to sit behind a desk and deal with the screw ups of airman who feel the Air Force is out to get them and don’t take responsibility for their actions.
    Talking to a few recruiter I have found one that could really help me with this transition because he has dealt with a similar scenarios. After months of research I have only found two individuals who have gone through this process on this site specifically but I have not been able to contact them. I would like to go into EOD and am aware that it’s a lateral move later into the enlistment so I would like to hear from anyone about a career path I can take going into the Marines to help with me getting into EOD. I’m not at all afraid of hard work and won’t be expecting a walk in the park but if there is the slight chance I can make this happen I will work for it and earn it. Making this move will be a great risk because I will be starting over and pretty late in life but I would rather live with taking this risk over the regret of not trying. I not looking for anyone to talk me out of this I’m just looking for tips and advice especially from anyone who has dealt with this type of situation. ANY AND ALL TIPS AND ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED, THANK YOU.