MEPS screwing me around
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Angry MEPS screwing me around

Well I talked to a recruiter many months ago and had we went through the whole paper work process etc and then he told me my MEPS date would be the following week, I told him that night I came in I asked him what if they find a possible heart murmur? He freaked out canceled the date and told me to go to a heart doctor which I did and the test came back normal. But now he brought up the fact that I was diagnosed with ADD years ago even though I havent taken any medication for it and it was most likely a misdiagnose it since I show no symptoms of it. Now MEPS ask for all the physcritatic visits I had for ADD, which I give them and then they say no thats not enough we want all your medical documents of everything since birth. At this point I am like WTF, MEPS never asks for everything. It makes me suspicious because MEPS asking for specific information is completely normal say if I have a bad scar from something and they want documentation of that, but to have literally every appointment of everything from birth which is literally impossible because alot of these hospitals closed downs and many doctors are retired etc. It really is making the military look like a big joke, these impossible requests and with the VA screwing people over and what not is almost laughable that I even want to join. Nevertheless it has been my life goal since I was a child and if it doesnt work out Im gonna have a big problem to solve. Anyways I would like you Marines to give me advice on what to do? Perhaps why they maybe asking this stupidity etc. Plus my recruiter told me btw that if I dont supply all my records that this is the end of the line... I really really need your guys help. Oh and my brother is a Marine and even he confirmed that this whole situation is just so suspicious. I hate to be that guy but possible law suit case?

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    So the military is a joke and the VA sucks......so don't join. We're better off without someone like you with that kind of attitude.

Even if MEPS is "screwing you around", guess what?....you gotta come up with what they want if you want to join.

That said heart murmurs, ADD, and other things alike can be a huge deal deal in the military...especially the Marine Corps. You may not see it or realize it but you will be put through ALOT of stress, how well do you think someone with any of those conditions will handle that stress?....That stress I am referencing isn't even that of being in combat, that is on a whole new scale.

You coming on here and questioning the system is one thing(it can suck at times) but to do so in the manner you did is unacceptable. To me it sounds as if you are looking for someone reaffirm your already negative thoughts, so here it is what you want to hear

DON'T JOIN!

By saying that I meant the system which it is, there is all kinds of stories of people being screwed out of benefits etc because of doctors sneaking PTSD as a pre existing condition etc to ruin people. So dont think I am talking bad about the military, I am saying the whole legal stuff of it is a complete laughable joke as -probably a few years from now they will be begging people to sign up for the next war or whatever. Either way this is a bit off topic, I am not asking people to reaffirm my negative thoughts, I just want some advice to why MEPS would be asking me for something that they dont ask from other people. NEVER DO THEY REQUEST EVERYTHING, but for some reason they want everything from me as if I am some kind of physcopath. But as I said before the murmur etc was negative so it shouldnt be a problem. They got my letters from my doctor saying that my ADD is cleared and is not a problem and yet they still arent satisfied even though that was both of the problems that were cleared. Thats why I am saying its a joke, yes it is their job to disqualify me but to do it falsely like theyre trying makes me think I need to retaliate with legal action since it seems theyre breaking the law themselves.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Where is the falseness of requesting more info?.....It does happen if they think it is pertinent or a special case.......you opened the can of worms by not initially revealing ADD.......... You can't sue the government because MEPS wants more medical info....if that was the case every shmoo that was rejected would be suing to get into the military.....it don't work like that....either provide the requested paperwork or don't try to join....those are your options....Good luck!

I meant suing because of illegally attempting to disqualify someone that qualifies. It just makes no sense to ask the impossible.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I meant suing because of illegally attempting to disqualify someone that qualifies. It just makes no sense to ask the impossible.
    It still don't work that way....they are not doing anything illegal if you did not originally disclose ADD ....contact USMCRiveria on here with your question's if he doesn't check this thread tonight.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    suing MEPS aka. DoD?......LOL, yeah good luck with that

But I did disclose it, I told my recruiter I was diagnosed with ADD but the doctor cleared it saying it was a misdiagnose it, as they think my childish behavior as a kid was somehow ADD.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    But I did disclose it, I told my recruiter I was diagnosed
    exactly!....so why are you upset that they're asking for documentation on it then?

it doesn't matter when or how it was disclosed, they are going to want verification/documentation that either it was a misdiagnosis like you said or that you grew out of it and have not been on medication recently. The same case goes for the heart murmur or anything else.

I really don't understand how you can be upset as you seem to be over this, it's pretty cut and dry to me.

If you can find a lawyer willing to take your case against the Government, knock yourself out. Hope you make good money and have some cash in the bank - lawyers are not cheap and require a retainer (money up front).

It wouldn't be for money since my family is already rich its more of just hopefully they lose money for messing with people. And as I said before I DID bring in documentation of everything to do with ADD, but for some reason thats not good enough and now they want like every record from birth to do with everything lol I have never heard of anyone being requested that.

At this point all I can recommend people is too hide anything that wouldnt be a problem which is what I should have done, asthma and stuff obviously not but lets be realistic here its just a bunch of excuses to not accept people because of the cut down, especially seeing tattoos are an issue, some of the best Marines in history have had tattoos.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I have never heard of anyone being requested that.
    Because of your vast experience dealing with MEPS and joining the military....Oh wait, I forgot your brother is a Marine so you must really know

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    At this point all I can recommend people is too hide anything that wouldnt be a problem which is what I should have done, asthma and stuff obviously not but lets be realistic here its just a bunch of excuses to not accept people because of the cut down, especially seeing tattoos are an issue, some of the best Marines in history have had tattoos.
    have fun getting a job or doing anything after being dishonorably discharged/separated from the Corps for fraudulent enlistment.

Whether you like it or not, no matter how much money you and your family have, and no matter that your brother or anyone else you know or related to is a Marine....The Corps has the luxury of being selective as to who they let enlist, if for whatever reason(or for no reason at all) they don't want to let you or run you through the gauntlet that is their prerogative. And to be honest I am happy with that, weed out some you(not you specifically) that are trying to ride in on the coat tails of the OIF/OEF generation.

And some of the best Marines in history have been asked to accomplish the impossible and found a way to get it done.

Sounds like you've got your first challenge ahead of you if you really want to be a Marine. You're not the first who's been asked to prove they qualified, others have been asked and have gotten it done.

And you won't be the first to be disqualified either. Fact of life, get over it.

So if you really want to join, then quit *****ing about being asked to prove you're qualified and just find a way to get the job done.

And for anyone reading this thread, I wouldn't advise disclosing something when trying to join. Just look up Article 83 of the UCMJ.

Thread Information