Army vs Marine corps Infantry and Special Ops
Create Post

Army vs Marine corps Infantry and Special Ops

Hi im 17 and am actively speaking to both army and marine corps recruiters, If i go army i plan on going 11b with airborne in my contract or getting an option 40 contract. If i go marine corps i will choose infantry field (dont tell me i cant choose my job in the marine corps you choose a field and get a job within that field) or get a uz recon contract. I scored an 82 on the asvab and and am physically fit so i will have no problem with obtaining these contracts or MOS'S. Im torn between the two. I know this is and age old ****storm question but im gonna ask it anyways. What are the benefits of the army vs the marine corps within these job fields. I will be posting the same thing on a army site. THANKS

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    The difference is or what you need to ask yourself is do you want to be a Marine or a soldier?

I'll be one of the first to admit and say that one benefit of joining the Army is the all the highspeed training you will get being that their budget is MUCH higher as well as all the gear you will get also. We as Marines are capable of the same(if not more being amphibious) but we do it with less and crappier gear on a much smaller budget.

Credits
    Savings
    Josephd says it VeryWell...

It's your choice,
    we don't really care which you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    The difference is or what you need to ask yourself is do you want to be a Marine or a soldier?

I'll be one of the first to admit and say that one benefit of joining the Army is the all the highspeed training you will get being that their budget is MUCH higher as well as all the gear you will get also. We as Marines are capable of the same(if not more being amphibious) but we do it with less and crappier gear on a much smaller budget.
    Thank you for putting it in simpler terms. I do want the chance to attend as many schools as possible. Plus if i go infantry there seems to be a better chance of gaining a chance at attending selection for an sof unit

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by kylejones982 View Post
    If i go marine corps
    i will choose infantry field
    (dont tell me i cant choose my job in the marine corps -
    you choose a field and get a job within that field)

or get a uz recon contract.
    I scored an 82 on the asvab and and am physically fit
    so i will have no problem obtaining these contracts or MOS's
    Im torn between the two.

I know this is and age old ****storm question
    but im gonna ask it anyways.

What are the benefits of the army vs the marine corps within these job fields.

I will be posting the same thing on a army site.
    THANKS
    *you're welcome

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kylejones982 View Post
    Thank you for putting it in simpler terms. I do want the chance to attend as many schools as possible. Plus if i go infantry there seems to be a better chance of gaining a chance at attending selection for an sof unit

In the Army maybe but not in the Corps. MARSOC actively recruits outside of infantry MOSs, much easier to train someone coming in from the outside to be operators than it is someone who is experienced the in field and has developed habits that may not fit in with special operations.

thats kinda how recon does it too. I went to one of those FTAP briefs and they wouldnt shut up about BRC and stuff, I dont know if they are hurting for Marines but they seem to be trying to recruit as hard as CI/HUMINT

Thread Information