Am I too boney/skinny for the USMC?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I too boney/skinny for the USMC?

What do you think and what can I do to get in shape?

I'm 17.

5'4 - 110 pounds

I carry a marching snare drum in marching band, I don't give up and I'm willing to accept the challenge of becoming a United States Marine.

btw my grandma's last name is Bones soo it runs in the family. Lol

Similar Threads:
    Attached Images Attached Images

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    No, but start eating some cheeseburgers to be safe

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Eat some of those Texas noodles also...pasta will put on pounds............

go to the health food store, pick up some protein drink mixes, the best ones are the strawberry and the chocolate, and start to work out, Pull ups, stomach crunches, running, things like that, but when you stop, drink about 8 to 12 oz glass of the mix, ether one, within 1/2 hour of stopping, but instead of mixing it with water mix it with Milk, (your choice whole or otherwise) this will provide the protein that your body will require and will build up your body mussel mass, since mussel is heaver and as a young man you can build and add mussel.

and like the others did say don't be shy about eating fast food and pasta but make sure you work out so it is not just fat, it will be turned into mussel, but don't forget the protein powder from the health food store,, that is very important. because after a work out your body will be looking to burn something, so with the protein drink it will get what it needs and won't be using the mussel you are trying to build up..

good luck and let us know how thing work out

on a side note, I joined the Corps and at 129LBS I have never seen that weight since,, lol

LOL. Young man, I'm sure you'll do fine. Self-motivation, determination, belief in yourself and never-quit attitude will take you a long way into becoming a Marine. Good luck!

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    LOL. You gotta be sh*ttin me, pictures ? DADT hahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    LOL. You gotta be sh*ttin me, pictures ? DADT hahahahahaha.

I thought it would be helpful into getting a good answer which it did but still haha!

Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    go to the health food store, pick up some protein drink mixes, the best ones are the strawberry and the chocolate, and start to work out, Pull ups, stomach crunches, running, things like that, but when you stop, drink about 8 to 12 oz glass of the mix, ether one, within 1/2 hour of stopping, but instead of mixing it with water mix it with Milk, (your choice whole or otherwise) this will provide the protein that your body will require and will build up your body mussel mass, since mussel is heaver and as a young man you can build and add mussel.

and like the others did say don't be shy about eating fast food and pasta but make sure you work out so it is not just fat, it will be turned into mussel, but don't forget the protein powder from the health food store,, that is very important. because after a work out your body will be looking to burn something, so with the protein drink it will get what it needs and won't be using the mussel you are trying to build up..

good luck and let us know how thing work out

on a side note, I joined the Corps and at 129LBS I have never seen that weight since,, lol

Thanks bro!

Don't be in a hurry to put on weight, it comes with age. When I joined @ 17 I had a super metabolism, I was 6'4" 170 lbs. A year later in Okinawa I was eating 6 times a day and finally got up to about 200. Now I'm 250 lbs and trying to go back the other direction.

I think more importantly is making sure you can run, crunch and pullup.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Texasnoodles, you haven't earned the right to call Pat BRO. He's a Marine, your a wannabe. Remember that on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    Texasnoodles, you haven't earned the right to call Pat BRO. He's a Marine, your a wannabe. Remember that on this forum.
    You're right man, my bad!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasnoodles View Post
    You're right man, my bad!
    man!?!.....that is a Master Gunnery Sergeant or Sir to you

Did you not get the hint when he told you not to call another Marine here "Bro"??

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    do you see the yellow stipes on a red background underneath our usernames and our title of "Marine".....that's called rank, as a poolee/wannabe you will address us on here with that rank or sir...

or you could at least address us by our names on our profile, I would take that over being referred to as "bro" or "man". ESPECIALLY considering I don't know you

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    do you see the yellow stipes on a red background underneath our usernames and our title of "Marine".....that's called rank, as a poolee/wannabe you will address us on here with that rank or sir...

or you could at least address us by our names on our profile, I would take that over being referred to as "bro" or "man". ESPECIALLY considering I don't know you

Ohh my apologies sir.

Do not worry about your weight too much. I weighed 132 pounds on a 5' 8' frame and on graduation day I weighed 145. Any excess fat I had was gone and I was slimmer than when I stepped on the yellow footprints.

Thread Information