Officer Candidate School?? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Josephd, No worries, none taken. I'm not particularly interested in infantry but I do commend the women who are and can make it through. It's a bit sad to see those odds though.
    With the extra time, I'll be able to get into the best shape possible so I won't have too many problems. I wouldn't want to make it all the way there and then be dropped because I couldn't pull my own weight.

Thanks again to everyone who posted responses. They were all very helpful.

If what I gathered from my female peers is correct, it's not so much about fitness prior to shipping. The vast majority of candidates who show up are usually in exceptional shape. It's more of a matter of being able to maintain that fitness level on the diet provided at Bobo Hall. I really want to say the biggest injury seemed to be bone-related. Whether it be tarsal stress fractures, medial tibial stress syndrome, or enduring even a fractured pelivs. Don't get me wrong, guys get these too, but basic physiology says women need more calcium and iron than men do. In addition to calcium and iron deficiency, a few people succumb to exceedingly low glycogen in their blood because they don't eat enough, often enough. Those injuries are going to get you sent home in a hurry if you don't take care of yourself while you're there.

I personally lost 17lbs - 154 to 137, and 170 to 153, both summers I was there.
    Oh, and yes, I'm a physiologist. At least, before the USMC I was

Thread Information