03xx and 1371 questions
Create Post

03xx and 1371 questions

Sorry if these have been answered before just getting a hang of things on here. I would like to secure a 0311, 0331, or 1371. I'm in the DEP right now and ship on Aug. 24. I told him I wanted to go 03xx when we first sat down but thats the last time jobs were brought up. When do you sit down and select a MOS? How does the process work? Do I choose before I go to MEPS? What is a typical day of an 0311, 0331, or 1371 like?

Thanks guys

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    First off, you won't get to select a specific MOS like 1371, 0311, 0331, etc. You will select and contract to a MOS field ie. 03xx or 13xx. From there it's up to the Marine Corps to decide where you are needed and where you'll be best fit. If you sign a 13xx contract you could end up a 1341, 1345, 1391, etc.

A typical day in any MOS will vary greatly depend on what kind of unit you go to and where. But a typical day on active duty no matter what your MOS will go as such..

0430-0500 reveille/wake up
    0500-0600 PT
    0600-0700 clean up
    0700-0800 chow
    0800-1100 work/sit around/play video games/annual classes/formations
    1100-1300 chow
    1300-1600 work/sit around/play video games/annual classes/formations
    1600(?)-1800(?) PT/MCMAP/more formations/clean the shop or company office/or you'll be secured for the day, back to the barracks, and off for the evening to go do what you want

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    A good filler in those "working" hours are cleaning your weapon.............

unless you're in a 03xx unit over seas, I was an 0331 and my first year was training on the rock (Okinawa) my day consisted of in the field training in combat simulations in the clay, rain, heat, and then come back for 3 days to clean gear, get cleaned up (sheit, shower, shave) 1 or 2 nights of liberty, then back out in the field for Jungle survival, and more combat training.. the 6 moths float, where when your out to see you get up at 04:30 or 05:00 PT, the go to chow and then be board on ship, until you hit your Amphibious landing training, then same, same water buffalo cow..

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    A good filler in those "working" hours are cleaning your weapon.............
    if only that was realistic option these days, I would've rather sat around the armory cleaning a weapon than doing some of the garbage classes and briefs that have to be done now

So if I were to obtain a 03xx slot how would the Corps determine whether I would be better suited as a 0311, 0331, or another 03xx? Would it be based on things like your PFT score and rifle qualification?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes19 View Post
    So if I were to obtain a 03xx slot how would the Corps determine whether I would be better suited as a 0311, 0331, or another 03xx? Would it be based on things like your PFT score and rifle qualification?
    Your specific MOS will get decided when you get to SOI/ITB(School of Infantry/Infantry Training Battalion). Typically each specific infantry MOS will take volunteers so you may get to pick, some MOS' like 0341(Mortarman) and 0351's and 0352's get picked for you based on a higher ASVAB because of the more technical skill/knowledge needed.

PFT and rifle range score could play a factor but not usually a large deciding factor

This helped a lot thanks guys

Workout results showing no gain

I've been working out everyday for about a month and a half. I was making pretty decent gains up until last week.
    Heres what it looked like when I started
    1.5 Mile
    13:45
    Push Ups
    Sit Ups (No Time Limit)
    Pull Ups

I am a poolee right now and have been to every PT since I DEPed in. Heres my first IST score from Saturday Jan. 9th
    1.5 Mile
    10:37
    Sit Ups (2 min)
    Pull Ups

The only thing I improved on was my run. It was at 10:38 the week before.
    I run 1/4 mile intervals, do about 75 push ups, 200 sit ups, and 20 pull ups everyday.
    The only thing I drink is water and a protein shake and dont eat junk food.
    My goal is to have or be very close to what a 1st class PFT score would be when I leave for boot camp August 24th
    If you could give me any advise on what I could do to increase my gains it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Thread Information