Just Graduated BootCamp, Will answer any questions.
Create Post

Just Graduated BootCamp, Will answer any questions.

I graduated from Delta Company Plt 1088. If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask and I will answer.

Similar Threads:

First of all congratulations to You. I was wondering what Marines use as shelters/tents now a days? In My day We each carried a shelter half with poles and tent stakes??? Oh and update You profile.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by alecclements View Post
    I graduated from Delta Company Plt 1088. If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask and I will answer.
    Did your platoon have any prior service recruits? If so, from different branches or...? Also, how were they treated? Is transportation from boot camp to home (for 10 days?) provided and paid for? How about from home to MOS school? Is that provided and paid for? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
    Did your platoon have any prior service recruits? If so, from different branches or...? Also, how were they treated? Is transportation from boot camp to home (for 10 days?) provided and paid for? How about from home to MOS school? Is that provided and paid for? Thanks.
    To be prior service you have to be from a different branch.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by elliscraig12 View Post
    To be prior service you have to be from a different branch.
    Oh, okay, I presumed it could have also been a Marine who got out then got back in after a hiatus. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
    Oh, okay, I presumed it could have also been a Marine who got out then got back in after a hiatus. Thanks!
    Once you do boot camp you're one and done for any branch of the service.

I'd love an answer to this: What expenses do you have to cover out of your salary during boot camp. Uniforms, travel expenses, and what ever else do or might come up. I appreciate your time.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Evongelo View Post
    I'd love an answer to this: What expenses do you have to cover out of your salary during boot camp. Uniforms, travel expenses, and what ever else do or might come up. I appreciate your time.
    The uniforms are paid for, so is the travel to get there and to go home. Only expenses you have to pay for are your own hygiene items and whatnot.

I have a question: how much do the rucksacks weigh for each hike?

I don't believe that answer is correct. At least not for Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Evongelo View Post
    I don't believe that answer is correct. At least not for Marines.
    Okay. Maybe there's a possibility of that statement being wrong, but it's gotta be the least that the service can provide a recruit. No matter what branch of service.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ship later this year, got a 12:00 min 1 1/2 time. Will this be bad for me in boot?

Thats good enough. My brother (prior marine) tells me that as long as you can get around 12 min for 1 1/5 mile run then bootcamp will get you the rest of the way for the 3 mile run because of how much you run during your time there. Always seek self improvement. Even though thats good enough always try to do better.

I assume the average age for people at bootcamp is 18ish but how many people did you meet that were older? Like 23-24, I'm enlisting at 23 and I feel like I'm so far behind everyone else alreadyalready

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The oldest member of our platoon was 26, and he did just fine. I was 19 when I graduated from Basic.

Do what you're told, when you're told, as fast as possible. Never give up!

Best of luck.

Congrats to our newest Brothers and Sisters, too!

That is not true, you pay for your Uniforms as well as all of your supplies you'll need while there. You get a free ride to boot camp, you pay for your ride home and you will buy a bus or plain ticket to go to MCT/SOI, however your travel to MCT/SOI can be claimed at IPAC once you hit the fleet so save all of your receipts

Thread Information