Background Investigation/Security Clearance issues for 02XX contract
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Background Investigation/Security Clearance issues for 02XX contract

Hello Marines,

This last Friday, I went to MEP/S and successfully completed both the ASVAB and the physical. I was originally shooting for an 02XX (intelligence) contract, and qualified fully for said MOS field. However, when I got back to the recruiting station to actually get my job locked in, my recruiter discovered that in order to work in intelligence, both of my parents have to be U.S. citizens, which is unfortunately not the case in my family.

We'll find out tomorrow whether or not I qualify for a waiver, but until then, I have been looking around at other potential back-up jobs. The problem is, I never thought about doing anything besides intel. I know that down the road, I could potentially LatMov into 0211 or maybe even re-enlist as an 02XX, so I guess what I'm wondering is this: are there any MOS fields that lends themselves LatMovs into intelligence?

tl;dr: If I can't get a security clearance now, what are some good MOSs to get into now for trying to move into intel somewhere down the road, if given the opportunity?