Some advice please.
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Some advice please.

Okay hello all. First thing is when i first wanted to join the military i went to the Marine recruiter first out of all the other branches. i was sure that i was going to join the Marines. I worked out with the recruiter and other poolees for about a week, then my parents talked me out of joining the marines and told me to look at other branches. im 18 years old by the way. i then went to an air guard base that is right near my home. i kind of joined the Air Guard on impulse i think, one of the recruiters was once a marine he said he loved being a Marine but the Air Guard is really good as a resume builder. And if he could he'd join the Air Guard first. Im doing Security Forces, i leave in may 2015, i have been in DEP since June. i dont know if i should back out and join the Marines or what im kind of lost right now. could some of you gentleman maybe give me some advice on this, i know its not really a question its more of a rant. i feel like i'll be bored in the Air Guard. Maybe some of you could share your experiences? is it hard to get an associates degree while in Active Duty? and do you get college credits from school from your MOS? Thanks gentleman.

Similar Threads:

Gentlemen?? wow, careful you'll give some on here a big head...lol

well first, if it were me and I was having major doubts about the ANG, then I would go back to the Marine Recruiter and have a good long talk and see what he/she thinks.
    but most of all you need to search yourself, and when you see yourself in your mind is it a Marine Corps uniform or some other uniform...

that is the true test, remember, above all else, be true to yourself..

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ha! thanks for the reply. i said gentleman because i got scolded once at drill for calling a group of men guys. its just a tough decision for me and i cant really tell whats holding me back from dropping out of this DEP and join the Marines. Hardest decision of my life.. so far. Thanks for the reply.

I wouldnt ever do something just because its is good as a resume builder. Life is too short. In the end nobody is going to boot camp with you, nobody is going to serve out your contract or have do deal with it all but you. Do what you want to do. You can have just about any job in any of the branches of the military. Being a Marine is just that, you need to be a Marine. Good luck in whatever you choose.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Lots of things to consider. 1. How badly do you really want to be a Marine? 2. Realize that much of USMC duty is boring too, like any other duty in any branch, or in any civilian job. 3. Speak with a Marine recruiter asap 4. Write down pros and cons of what you're thinking about doing.
    Keep this thread going and we'll help you as much as we are able to.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    If something (you don't know what, you said) is holding you back from trying to join the Marines, then listen to what your heart and mind are telling you....when we are "told", by us, that something isn't right, or we should hesitate or think more about what it is we're thinking about doing, that right there is a signal that you need to think about this, talk it over, and gather ALL info before deciding anything.
    Sometimes the grass looks greener elsewhere, but that may in fact not be true at all----or it may be true----this is what makes these decisions so hard to make.

Credits
    Savings
    "Sweetpea",
    You started the same thread/question back in May,

Do yourself a favor, stay with the AirGuard......

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post

Do yourself a favor, stay with the AirGuard......

My thoughts on the subject.

I get buyers remorse, but sounds like it will be more of a future problem than a benefit.

Thread Information