Help scoring female IST
Create Post

Help scoring female IST

I have searched all over and cant find a chart to score my daughter IST. Here is what she did:

Pull ups 5
    Sit ups 110
    1.5 11 m 53 sec

Can someone direct me to a link or tell me her scoring please?

Similar Threads:

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...lfitfemale.htm They call them IST nowadays but if this link fails look under USMC Female PFT scoring and to usmilitary about.

Thanks you but that is for the PFT. I know 5 pull ups is a 75 and she gets 100 for the sit ups but cant find how the 1.5 mile is scored rather than the 3 mile.

I don't believe the IST is scored? At least not for Enlisted or Enlisting purposes. Passing the IST is simply a requirement to join. Her RS may run special events where they score the IST but they themselves would be the best to contact on how it is done. Your PFT and CFT scores are computed in your Cutting Score which is used for promotion purposes as well as determining your tier when looking to reenlist (Also why these events have scores). That being said I believe the female PFT requirement is still a flexed arm hang and not pull-ups, though that may change as they tried to switch to females doing pull-ups in the past. 75% of female recruits failed to do the minimum of 3 pull-ups, so it has remained for the time being a flexed arm hang. If she can do 5 pull-ups she is above the bar if you don't mind the pun. We also do crunches vs Sit-ups for our PFT, if she can do 100 sit-ups it will also be advantageous. IST (Initial Strength Test) PFT (Physical Fitness Test)

Thank you

Thank you for all of your input.
    I have no doubt she will pass every physical test given to her. She works her azz off. LOL She recently did a CFT and did excellent in every part but the firemans carry. There was only one other female and she was required to carry her rather than her male partner who was closer to her own size. She is doing a PFT tomorrow for her chance at the ROTC scholarship. She doesnt ship until June or possibly July depending on when her chosen MOS might become available. She is hoping to get one of the recent openings that have come available to females.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achillies View Post
    I don't believe the IST is scored? At least not for Enlisted or Enlisting purposes. Passing the IST is simply a requirement to join. Her RS may run special events where they score the IST but they themselves would be the best to contact on how it is done. Your PFT and CFT scores are computed in your Cutting Score which is used for promotion purposes as well as determining your tier when looking to reenlist (Also why these events have scores). That being said I believe the female PFT requirement is still a flexed arm hang and not pull-ups, though that may change as they tried to switch to females doing pull-ups in the past. 75% of female recruits failed to do the minimum of 3 pull-ups, so it has remained for the time being a flexed arm hang. If she can do 5 pull-ups she is above the bar if you don't mind the pun. We also do crunches vs Sit-ups for our PFT, if she can do 100 sit-ups it will also be advantageous. IST (Initial Strength Test) PFT (Physical Fitness Test)

Thread Information