E-3 After Parris Island?
Create Post

E-3 After Parris Island?

I will be shipping out in December with E-2 pay, and rank after graduation. I know it is possible, however unlikely, to make E-3 in boot camp, but I don't know what needs to be done to earn a meritorious promotion. Doe's anyone have any info on this, specific and/or general? Kick-ass is too general.

Similar Threads:

where it is highly unlikely that itll happen now a days, it has happened before. You'd probably have to be guide and like Iron Man or High Shooter. More often than not they try and promote those who arent meritorious PFC already where as it can still happen but doesnt happen as much as it used to.

While on boot leave get 2 people to enlist and you can get Lance. But dont pretend that if you get lance right away you have done something or that you some how rate to be a dick to PVTs or PFCs below you. I see people who pick up rank and think they rate to be a douche bag. You still havent done anything and you dont rate.

but back to the topic youd probably have to be Guide or a squad leader plus Iron man or high shooter.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    Simply purely incredible. The last two people on this forum who asked that type of question ended up having trouble in the Crucible and did not complete it, so they did not even make E-1, let alone E-3. The cart before the horse is very very common nowadays.

MvR, thank you for the information sir, though it most likely won't make a difference, now I know... I sure as hell won't make Iron man. If I am lucky somehow and do get it, I'll know it was a lot of luck with a little hard work and not the other way around, and I'll try to not think I'm special regardless of what rank I am. If I opt to work with my recruiter after PI, will successful recruiting also count toward promotion as if it I had referred someone?

PJones64, I'm not a cocky guy whatsoever, but I do like to be as informed as I can before anything, to be aware of the struggles and know the possibilities. I can see where your coming from (at MEPS there were 3 guys with seal contracts who were so full of themselves I bet they masturbate in front of a mirror, I get it). I will keep in mind that until graduation I'm just some kid with a Marine Corp shirt, and it only gets harder.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    Don't worry about any of that, just concentrate on becoming a Marine and the rest will follow. Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PJones64 View Post
    Simply purely incredible. The last two people on this forum who asked that type of question ended up having trouble in the Crucible and did not complete it, so they did not even make E-1, let alone E-3. The cart before the horse is very very common nowadays.
    I agree.
    Ha...that's so laughable that some are thinking about promotions before even hitting the yellows.

OP...no offense, but IMO you should just worry about getting through boot and setting the best example of toughness and perseverance among your fellow boots.
    Forget the lofty thoughts of promotions at this stage because it's not the cub scouts and you have no idea what's ahead of you.

So, gird thy loins and take each day as it comes.

That's my take on it.....

I graduated Boot Camp as a meritorious private.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JRH1991 View Post
    PJones64, I'm not a cocky guy whatsoever, but I do like to be as informed as I can before anything, to be aware of the struggles and know the possibilities. I can see where your coming from (at MEPS there were 3 guys with seal contracts who were so full of themselves I bet they masturbate in front of a mirror, I get it). I will keep in mind that until graduation I'm just some kid with a Marine Corp shirt, and it only gets harder.
    Watch you mouth sonny boy. This is an " Open Forum " for all to read on the internet.

Thank you sir, I will give the best I have toward earning my eagle globe and anchor.

Thread Information