potential
Create Post

Thread: potential

potential

First off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jake and I have started the process of talking to my local recruiter. The reason for my post is I'd like to ask what things I may do to better my chances of joining. I have a blemish on my record from when I was 19. I have my high school diploma and I have currently just enrolled into online classes to get the remaining 4 credits to reach the 15 credits, I have a letter of appreciation from the air force from when I volunteered on base (wifes Air Force), I can currently pass the minimum physical requirements, and I have caught the attention of my local recruiters boss (staff sergeant) and he appreciated my reasoning for wanting to enlist. I am trying to state my case as best as possible and give him the tools to be able to process me in. Please if any one has any suggestions as to what I can do to better help me build my case I would greatly appreciate any input.

Similar Threads:

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    There is not much to be said...unless you state what kind of "blemish" you have on your record. Then the only other thing is to talk to that recruiter with your paperwork and see if you need a waiver. And then deal with the waiver process of hurry up and wait. Your title line for this thread is "Potential".....if you are asking do we think you have potential...All poolees and wannabees...have potential....in their own respective eyes...whether or not the military...Marine Corps think you have the potential to be a Marine you will have to wait and find out from your recruiter. I don't want to be like the Geico motivational speaker Pinocchio and tell you have potential and what it takes to become a Marine and you do not and my nose grows a foot for lying to you. See the recruiter and take it from there. Best of luck to you!

Thank you for your response sir

Credits
    Savings
    IF i were to try giving you advise..

go study how to take tests...
    IE:

you qualify for mos's by taking a "Battery"
    of tests prior to enlisting.

the higher your test score,
    the more jobs you qualify to be assigned
    for.

You sound as you don't have the ability
    to walk down to the school library and
    ask the librarian for the self help section.
    BUT your civilian Librarian can help you.

practice every thing she has, even travel
    to other libraries and test test test..

those self help books , will help
    doesn't matter if they are military base or not.
    They'll help you practice testing.....
    Might even give you an answer
    or two in the long run.

Thread Information