Debt Consolidaton
Create Post

Debt Consolidaton

Thank you for taking time to read my story.

I hope this will help others in this economy to better understand their situation.

Here is a little information. I am twenty-four making steps to work on getting into college,with a defaulted student loan for $3200, 5k in debt for a car loan and card. I voluntarily had the car repossessed. I have all of my debt collections being handled and have just completed my third month of payments according to what my recruiter said I would have to do to enlist . I do have two misdemeanors for failure to appear. Nothing else in my adult Criminal record.

I have never had a possession charge or anything else in my adult history. My Juvenile record had a felony. I was fourteen and kicked a water fountain.
    It was the dumbest mistake I have ever made.

I have a G.E.D, My Air Force Recruiter originally Said the Air Force is accepting A G.E.D.

After I paid she Said that now she has 13 other more eligible people and that I would have to wait until September when her new recruiter would arrive.

Basically try another recruiter.

I had my first meps date set too. But now the credit and two misdemeanors I am worried about. I do not have any other problems with the law or credit cards.

Just a credit card for $1,400 I owe to collections agency and
    $4,500 I owe the bank after I have the car voluntarily repossessed.
    The defaulted loan I am making a call tomorrow to set up a plan.
    As I said, I wany take the next steps that you recommend to make myself eligible again in this very difficult recruiting environment even if it takes a year of work which it looks like it may. Its been 2 years of work so far to get my G.E.D and other hurdles I have faced.

Its very true I made the mistake of getting in to some trouble with my credit at a young age for College related funds. I was the first in my family to go to College. But I have taken car of the issues and I would like information if I would even have a change at any branch of service.

I was wondering about debt consolidation for to pay off everything and to be eligible for enlistment. Then, having a handle on my debt I should by this time be enrolled for fall classes. Would I still need 15 college Credits? What would I have to do to become eligable and no longer a DQ?

Thanks to all of you who serve and love this country.