Anyone else one of the lucky few to get Cold Sores?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member CSRT19's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Question Anyone else one of the lucky few to get Cold Sores?

I have already started the process of enlisting into the DEP. However, I was going through my medicine cabinet the other day and found the medication that I take in case of Cold Sores or Heat Blisters.
    I've only ever had them twice in my life; once from stress and once more from being in the sun too long without chapstick or anything on my lips.
    I usually take vitamins or the medication before days that I know I am going to be out in the sun all day, just as a precaution. I know that I will obviously be outdoors a LOT during bootcamp.
    Is it something that I would be able to take while there to prevent me from getting them? (It isn't a 100% that I would get them, I just HATE having them and would rather prevent the incident)

Or should I just keep my mouth shut and pray that I don't get any during bootcamp and just go back to taking the vitamins (not the meds) afterwards?