Shipping and Weight
Create Post

Shipping and Weight

Good afternoon, Marines.

My ship date is in the near future, June 16 of this year; and I am "overweight" in accordance with the height/weight standards. My height is 67 inches, which permits a max weight of 176. I am currently fluctuating between 174-177; however, I am not fat, nor out of shape. My recent IST scores were as follows: 17 dead-hang pull ups, 123 crunches, and a 10:04 1.5 mile run. I am doing everything I can, which includes strict dieting and extensive PT to drop down, and stay below, my weight. With all of this being said, my question is this: If I go to MEPS weighing, let's say, 177, will I be permitted to ship? I've heard of a waiver that allows for a 9%(?) allowance of weight over the standard; however, I have asked two recruiters this question, and I received two different answers. Any insight on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Marines.

Similar Threads:

If you are at 177 you should be good i think they even allow you to be one or two lbs over but i wouldnt count on it. you dont mention when you are shipping to MCRD but just keep an eye on it, if you havent researched it id recommend checking out the Paleo diet i know a number of Marines who have lost a substantial amount of weight and fat from this diet. One of my SNCO's has lost almost 35 lbps in 2 months doing paleo.

You can ship at 177. 5% over requires no waiver. 6-10% can be waived but they are few and far between, thanks to stricter standards we now have. However, we get our butts handed to us when someone doesnt make the weight, so please do everyone a favor and just be below the max when you go weigh in. It will make everyones life easier including your own.

Thank you, Marines. I've been on a paleo-type diet for quite a while now, and I'm cutting out heavier proteins like red meat and chicken. I'm still right at my shipping weight, and I plan to be at least a few pounds under my max when I ship here in two weeks. It is consoling to hear that the 5% over-weight allowance exists; however, like you said, Huklebuk, I will make sure my weight is under 176 to make the whole process easier.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    13 days to go.

Best of luck to you.

See you in 3 months with the " Title "

Thank you, Rocky. I'll report back with the title!

Thread Information