recruiting question
Create Post
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

recruiting question

My husband was once again on the list for possible recruiting duty. This is his second time being on the list. Last year he wasnt selected because he hadnt beed at his current duty station long enough. In fact everyone from this duty station wasnt selected for the same reason. Now that hes on it again im bummed because everyone that was on it last year has gotten selected for it so far, my husband and 2 other people are still waiting on word. My question is do you have a good chance of being selected if youve already been on the list? And does anyone have an idea how many people they usually select?

Similar Threads:

Heather, You need to do a much better job filling out your profile if you want any answers.

Credits
    Savings
    Oh im sorry. I thought people here would be more willing to help. Excuse me. Why would you wate yoir time responding if you weren't even going to answer the question. I didn't realize how thorough a profile is was so important in order to get help.
    If you dont know the answer dont respond.

You came to us, we didn't come to you. Instead of smart remarks, you should follow our site rules and fill out your profile.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/fa...q_vb3_register

The administrator will probably require you to register in order to use all the features of the forum. Being registered gives you an identity on the board, a fixed username on all messages you post and an online public profile.

Registration is free (unless otherwise specified), and offers an extended range of features, including:

Posting new threads
    Replying to other peoples' threads
    Editing your posts
    Receiving email notification of replies to posts and threads you specify
    Sending private messages to other members
    Creating albums of pictures and comment on others' pictures
    Adding events to the forum calendar
    Setting up a 'contact list' to quickly see which of your friends are online.

How do I register?

You register by clicking on the 'Register' link near the top of the page. You will be asked to choose a user name, password and enter a valid email address. In addition there will be some other fields to which you will be invited to respond. Some will be mandatory while others are optional. Once this is complete you will either be fully registered, or in some cases you may have to click on a link in an 'activation email' sent to your email address. Once you have done this you will be registered.

Note that entering your email address will not leave you open to 'spam', as you can choose to hide it from other board users. You'll probably be able to allow other registered users to contact you via email, but the system won't display your email address to them unless you give permission.

If you are under the age of 13, the administrator may require that a parent or guardian provide consent before allowing you to complete the registration process. More information about this is available during the registration process.

Can't follow rules don't let the door hit you in the azz, Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    "Will PROBABLY require" doesn't mean it's actually required, maybe the wording should be different if its an absolute requirement. And I filled out what I was comfortable filling out, more than actually.

Now, is anyone willing to answer or is everyone going to really be overly concerned that I didn't fill out a few blank spaces?

Credits
    Savings
    Give'um hell woman....

your Membership profile heading says "Marine Spouse",

IF i were you, i'd change the way i spell my last name on
    your profile to be used for Snoopers- who really cares...

you can trust the email routine on here, i've used it dozens
    of times to send information that could not be posted
    here on the open forum boards.

Good luck seeking information -

- now that it seems you've
    gone and $hit in somebody's CanteenCup and have given
    a few Prissy's a mark on the rope that is higher up
    than they can reach.

you'd do well to go purchase a "Magic 8 BALL"
    now than wait for a lot of/from this gang
    that have spoken so far...

I'd tell them to "Stick it" where the sun don't shine.

Ok Marines, I am going to step in. I read her profile and it plainly states that she is a Marine Spouse! I*m satisfied with her profile, but at least give her a decent answer and some help. Heather, it is okay to list your email addy here cause I use mine all the time and good luck on finding an answer. Now guys chew my ass out for speaking my mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather5110 View Post
    Oh im sorry. I thought people here would be more willing to help. Excuse me. Why would you wate yoir time responding if you weren't even going to answer the question. I didn't realize how thorough a profile is was so important in order to get help.
    If you dont know the answer dont respond.
    Speaking for myself, we appreciate hard-headed Marines, but not their women. You come here, into our world, and get quite ****y if you don't get what you want immediately. You certainly have a way with words. Just saying.

Profiles - Forum Rules...
    ALL FUTURE MEMBERS REGISTERING TO BE ON THIS FORUM AND ALL CURRENT MEMBERS ARE PRESUMED TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING, READING, UNDERSTANDING, AND COMPREHENDING THE FORUM RULES.

THEY CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HOME PAGE.

Fill out your profile.

It's part of the rules you agree to when you register for membership on Leatherneck.

Failing to fill out your profile will get your thread or post deleted.

We don't want your information so we can steal your identity, it's so we know the members of our community and to whom we are speaking. That means, more than just a first name, alot more.

There will be no exceptions...

Thank you.

Rocky C
    Leatherneck Forum Administrator

What a load of drama for a simple question...but rules ARE rules...

Heather, I'm sure you've heard your husband's fate by now, but yes if he's appeared before the HRST board for his second time he will likely be selected unless: he is in a high demand/low density MOS, has visible tattoos, or tells the board something along the lines of he doesn't believe women should be in the Marine Corps. No joke, that's how I got off my board. My Co 1stSgt used the same tactic years prior and it worked for me, although I did take a hell of a berating from a female MSgt on the board. In my mind, totally worth it.

Thread Information