Hue City Tet 68
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hue City Tet 68

Hue City Tet 68

this month in 1968 fox 2/5 and several other Marine Units fought for more tan a month to liberate the provincial capital of Hue City. One of the bloodiest battles in the war is now remembered by all who fought there. Each year surviving members of 2/5 meet for a reunion at the namesake USS Hue City. I have not been able to attend yet but I hoped to some day. God bless all those who fought in this epic battle.

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't want to hijack the thread Doug but good to see you post Brother.
    You have been missed.

God Bless All ...

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Doug, glad your back brother! I wasn't at Hue, but remember some of you old salts talking about it. You and Russ have my respect and Honor!

Got me a new Puter. Ill be around now,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Home Marine GodBless Ya Semper Fi

Hey Doug, good to see you back son. And let's not forget the 1/5 in that little walk in the park, that's where I lost my cherry. Oh, the memories.

know we chewed the same dust Russ. thanks for the welcome

On this day in 1968 while Doug and his crew the 2/5 were duking it out in the new city of Hue myself and a bunch of 1/5 guys took a little boat trip up the Perfume River to meet up with the arvn gooks on the north side of the river. On this date tomorrow A/1/5 went into the meat grinder losing all of their officers and staff nco's taking 70% casualties. We had been in reserve and alpha took our place. Tomorrow we went on line and it was a light day for us, we went south down the east wall with only light resistance initially, thickened up during the afternoon. Thursday we hit the east gate, some call the tower, and all hell broke loose. No artillery support or f-4's initially. It took us a damn week to take that 1 ****in gate.

Those 2 weeks changed my life forever.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    God Bless you brother Russ!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Amen Welcome Home Russ S/F

Long month isn't it Russ?

You Guys are Something Else 70% Casualties-Oh Man!.Russ you look like your in good shape.Me,and Captain Kirk look similar somewhat.Really Glad Both you Guys Made it back Home.Good to see you Captain Kirk.FistFu and Mongoose are Great Survivors also.I,Salute,you All.God Bless and Semper Fi.

Thank you Doc, I owe my being in great shape to my virtuous life style. I drink and smoke in moderation, anymore I don't ride my Indian more than once a day, and I go on frequent motorcycle rides.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Russ, same here brother....but not exactly in that order. I ride my Indian in moderation. I don't drink more than once a day. And my motorcycle smokes frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by HM3 Doc Wilder View Post
    You Guys are Something Else 70% Casualties-Oh Man!.Russ you look like your in good shape.Me,and Captain Kirk look similar somewhat.Really Glad Both you Guys Made it back Home.Good to see you Captain Kirk.FistFu and Mongoose are Great Survivors also.I,Salute,you All.God Bless and Semper Fi.

Hey Doc, are you with the CVMA?

Thread Information