Msoib?
Create Post

Thread: Msoib?

Msoib?

Hey there I'm an 0231 and was wondering to anyone who has knowledge how or if I could get into MARSOC intel.
    Its called Marine Special Operations Intel Battalion and was wondering if I would have to go through what the actual trigger puller MARSOC members go through or is it different?
    Thanks for any info.

-Nick

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The mission of the Marine Special Operations Intelligence Battalion (MIB) is to train, sustain, maintain combat readiness, and provide intelligence support at all operational levels in order to support MARSOF training and operations worldwide with mission-specific intelligence capability.

The Marine Special Operations Intelligence Battalion (MIB) was officially activated at a ceremony on 18 May 2010 at US Marine Forces, Special Operation Command's (MARSOC) headquarters at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

Previously, MARSOC's intelligence functions had been performed by the intelligence company of the Marine Special Operations Support Group (MSOSG).

The MIB was reorganized into a separate unit from the company in response to the ever-growing capabilities of MARSOC. The MIB remained assigned to the MSOSG.

The MIB would produce the direct support teams, SOTF (Special Operations Task Force) enhancements, and other capabilities as needed by the commander of US Special Operations Command, and the Commander of MARSOC.

In November 2012, MARSOC expanded its logistics and combat support capabilities by replacing the relevant companies within the MSOSG with full battalions.

The activation of Marine Special Operations Combat Support Battalion (MSOCSB) was also brings new advances to the command, particularly in the intelligence realm.

A revision of MARSOC's former intelligence battalion (MSOIB), now equipped with a communications company and a headquarters company, MSOCSB was to capable of bringing every intelligence asset to the battlefield, providing another platform upon which MARSOC could operate independently.

It was not immediately clear whether the MSOIB would be redesignated as the MSOCSB or whether the 2 units would remain separate and the MSOIB would inactivated.

Career planner is the one that will have the most useful information just check him out in his office. But to take a guess I am sure its just like any other unit, your monitor will be the one that will send you there if there is a need for 0231's. Maybe you can talk to your intel chief and have him start talking to your monitor to see if there are any possible positions.

Honestly its a bit difficult to say, I remember something about there being two sets of training. One is the legit training the operators themselves go through, the other set of training is for the combat support MOS's. Which is nothing compared to the full fledged training the operators go through but its still good training.

Now what I just said may be wrong, it could just be like any other battalion. I know a supply guy that's currently in one of those MARSOC battalions and he gets the opportunity to do some cool training.

-edit-

WAIT you just graduated boot camp like a week ago? LOL damn son you have such a long way to go. Who knows you MIGHT, and i stretch that out "MIGHT" get lucky and be sent to one of these battalions after your MOS school.

Look there is no point in worrying about this, you have no control over your life in the next few years. Go with the flow, see if you like the Marine Corps enough to actually re-enlist and then see about getting into one of them MARSOC battalions.

Do an enlistment first, and then start asking.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    be an NCO(a salty Lance at least), run a high PFT/CFT, PME complete, good pro/cons.....

then maybe you can start thinking about talking with a MARSOC recruiter

Thread Information