When should I start talking to a recruiter?
Create Post

When should I start talking to a recruiter?

Hello Marines. First let me thank each and everyone of you for your service to this great country. Okay, I am taking GED classes than completing and getting my GED in early October. Worst thing I did was quit high school but that is in the past and I need to focus on today and receiving my goals. I am going on in January and receiving my 15 credits and I will have those done by April. I would love to ship out to boot camp by July. So my question to you guys ( Marines ) is, should I start talking to a recruiter now and starting and talking about things? Or after completing my GED, or once I get my ged AND credits? Also, I am going in there telling him I will only sign up for infantry no other mos. Thank you for your help in advance.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 09-16-13 at 08:36 AM.

You can contact a recruiter any time you would like. They are a power house of knowledge that can direct you into the right direction. There would be nothing wrong with getting to know your local recruiter today, and asking him/her about joining the Marine Corps with a G.E.D.

with a GED tho, you will also need collage credits, because as of a few years ago the Corps stopped taking those with just a GED.. when my Daughter went in some 4 years ago, (she now re-upped) my son wanted to follow as he was older, but he did not have a high school dep. and he was told that the Marines would not accept just a GED so he has been working hard on getting his collage credits..

good luck keep us posted..

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Now is the time to talk to a recruiter.

Best of luck to you.

Better to start earlier than later. Good luck with an infantry contract - there are never enough to go around. Maybe you'll get lucky (but don't count on it). Let us know what the recruiter says.

Thread Information