Age eligibility to go to boot camp?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Age eligibility to go to boot camp?

I still have a few more months until I am able to DEP in, and right now age is the only issue I'm having. I plan on graduating a semester early in hopes to get to Parris Island sooner, but recently a friend told me you have to be 18 to leave for boot camp. Originally I thought that as long as you had your high school diploma and were at least 17 years of age (With a parent's signature) you were eligible to leave. Is that true, or do I have to wait until I'm 18?
    Thank you,
    Wannabe Apley

Similar Threads:

I thought the same as you but I'm not a recruiter (nor is your friend I bet). I know there are some MOS's you cannot obtain until you're 18. Suggest you call the recruiting station and ask one of the recruiters there. Let us know what they say for future reference (somebody else may have the same question).

Credits
    Savings
    "Sweetpea"

((Originally I thought that as long as you had your high school diploma and were at least 17 years of age (With a parent's signature) you were eligible ))

There is a MINIMUM
    and it isn't 18....

Check into it,,,
    telephone a Recruiter IF you have doubts

and good luck

You may go to bootcamp as long as you are 17 and have your parent sign a NAVMC form that waives the government from getting in trouble in case anything happens to you before you reach the legal age. You must have your diploma however. I went to bootcamp when I was 17.

Yes, you can depart for boot camp when you are 17, I did it and turned 18 a few months later. Just takes a parent's signature and diploma as jeon said.

Thread Information