OCS Drop Waiver
Create Post

Thread: OCS Drop Waiver

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

OCS Drop Waiver

Hey Marines,

I would post this in the POOLee hall, but obviously I don't have a ship date yet so I assume this is the next best place.

I was dropped from OCS PLC-seniors during the summer of 2012 as part of the night land nav scandal where a record number of candidates were dropped. Since then I have decided to enlist and pursue a career as an officer later on, unfortunately it hasn't gone as smooth as planned though (same thing everything else experiences I'm sure). I had to get a waiver for my shoulder, which I also needed for OCS, and it went through pretty smoothly. However I also need to get a waiver for being dropped from OCS, which I've been waiting on for months. My recruiter thought my whole path to enlistment would be fairly easy just because of my background of being a candidate, but he hasn't heard a thing about it sense it was submitted.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with the OCS drop waiver because I haven't seen anything about here or anywhere else after extensive googling. So if anyone could tell me what the process is or what to expect it would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ChuckH; 05-16-13 at 02:03 AM.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It is too hard to say from here whether or not you'll get an OCS drop waiver. I'm not confident you will as the powers-that-be were extremely upset over that land-nav fiasco. In fact, the CO of OCS was recently relieved for cause and the land-nav mess was one of the factors.

I don't know how involved you were in that incident, but I have to presume you were one of the cheaters if you got dropped. That's an integrity violation the Corps remembers for a long time.

Credits
    Savings
    Our Commander in Chief has NO Integrity,,,

Why not everyone else ?????

“The commandant has made it clear that we can tolerate many things, but not integrity violations,” said Lt. Col. Matthew McLaughlin, a Marine spokesman based at the Pentagon.
    “Personal integrity is the heart of Marine Corps leadership.”

tdubbx Could say he was born in Hawaii, and get a Conneticut SS card ???

Credits
    Savings
    January 22, 2011 at 1:31 am #

Basically if you are dropped for leadership or ethics, the “interview” with the USMC is over. 99% probability, you will not be allowed back.

If you are dropped for physical ailment like sickness or an accidental injury, you get an open door to reapply.

***go to Marineofficer.com and request information, and one will contact you .................................................. ............................................

There .. I gleaned that from (((http://officercandidatesschool.com/ocs/ )))

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    It is too hard to say from here whether or not you'll get an OCS drop waiver. I'm not confident you will as the powers-that-be were extremely upset over that land-nav fiasco. In fact, the CO of OCS was recently relieved for cause and the land-nav mess was one of the factors.

I don't know how involved you were in that incident, but I have to presume you were one of the cheaters if you got dropped. That's an integrity violation the Corps remembers for a long time.
    Thank you for the response Sgt., however bleak the news may be.

I won't go in to detail, but I was recommended by the CO to reapply for having "moral courage." I suppose the waiver process could be taking some time if the board was waiting on documentation from OCS that actually shows this, as I remember during the OCS application process that any correspondence between here and Quantico took a long time.

It's just hard not to get antsy at a time like this.

This seems like the best place to ask, but if someone drops out of Marine OCS after three weeks with no other service, do they even get a DD214?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MAG266165 View Post
    This seems like the best place to ask, but if someone drops out of Marine OCS after three weeks with no other service, do they even get a DD214?
    Someone will probably come along with a better response than me, but the answer is no. I never received one for being dropped from OCS, and I have never heard of someone who has. However, you do still get paid for your time, if that means anything.

I would assume you wouldnt rate a DD214 I'd compare it to when you quit bootcamp its like a trial run you arent officially a Marine so thusly id be guessing you dont rate one.

Credits
    Savings
    I recently had someone send me a private message asking about whether or not I ever got my waiver, so here's an excerpt from my response to update anyone else who is also looking for similar information:

No, unfortunately I still haven't got a waiver. I waited over a year before I had to meet with the CO of my recruiting station (Portland, OR), and he interviewed me so he could sign off on the waiver and vouch for me being deserving of enlisting basically. He then explained that the waiver also has to be signed by everyone above him in the chain of command, all the way up to the commander of Marine Corps recruiting, and that's the last I heard, which was about 5 months ago.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you for the update.

Thread Information