Why do you want to become A Marine?
Create Post

Why do you want to become A Marine?

What led you to the Marines? Me personally, I've always wanted to be a Marine, but I didn't enlist after high school because of the relationship I was in, well after two years of feeling like there is a massive hole in me, and feeling called to the Marines almost every week, and later, every day, I prayed about it and talked to my fiance'e about it, and low and behold God had put it on her heart too. I honestly couldn't continue to resist the feeling that I needed to be a Marine. I'm headed to Parris Island in 32 days, after that it's ITB.
    Please share your reasons for choosing the Marines and if your comfortable your mos you plan to head into.

Credits
    Savings
    As long as someones answer is, I wanted to wear the best uniform then most answers are legit.

I joined for 3 main reasons.
    1. Because I always wanted to be a Marine sense I was 11.
    2. The Aura most Marines give off when you see one, seems that of a leader and that is the group I wanted to be part of. One that is always competitive.
    3. To jump out of my comfort zone. I grew up overly shy, I still am way to shy. Its about time I took that step to gain the confidence and work my way to gaining the Title.

Thread Information