Join as foreigner
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Join as foreigner

Hello out there!

Im a 17 years old boy from Denmark, and would like to join the US Marine Corps. But is it possible?
    Im about to educate myself to become a plumber here in Denmark. Should be finish when Im 21 or 22, and after that I would like to join the military.
    The problem is there aint any "combat soldiers" in Denmark. Almost every soldier here got a "special" job, like those with the bombs, computer, or something else. But there are no real combat soldiers anymore, and when Im joining the military I want to get trained to combat and all that stuff, not to sit in a tank, or behind a desk, or as artillery.

I have searched a lot on the internet when foreigner join the Marine Corps, and I have read somewhere that it is possible, but I dont realy now how to do it. One can get a greencard, but then I should have been in the USA for some years, right? So I thought about taking my education as a plumber in the USA, and maybe that would increase my chances. But I dont now how realistic that is anymore. Dont realy now how else to joine the Marines.

So my question is: can I join USMC, and how should I do it. And what are my chances?