Anger
Create Post

Thread: Anger

Anger

Anger
    “Do not let the sun go down on your anger and do not give the Devil a foothold.” Eph. 4:26 & 27
    Holding anger robs us of our Joy. Nehemiah 8:9
    “The joy of the Lord is your strength”.
    Suppose you are a child not wanting to go to bed, but mom & dad make you go. Now you are in bed angry. Suppose I’m the devil standing in your doorway waiting to come in. What do you do? You start to close the door and I stick my foot In the doorway. Now it is easy for me to push the door open. So it is true when we rob ourselves of power generating joy by holding anger.
    Anger is destructive not productive.
    Everyone gets angry but God warns us not to remain angry.
    Unforgivness.
    Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
    Colossians 3:13
    Who gets hurt when you do not forgive someone? You do!
    Why? Because you spend your time and energy thinking about the past and remaining angry, thus robbing your joy and strength. The person you are not forgiving likely is unaware of your feelings, especially if some time has passed.
    Why waste your time and strength on an unproductive effort?
    Choose Joy, Choose forgiveness, Choose to not remain angry.

Is this easy? No! But it is very worthwhile to practice.

Lord,
    Help us to forgive just like you have forgiven us. Help us to quickly overcome anger. Help us to choose Joy. Empower us with a dynamic direction and a vision to effect this world in a more positive way.
    Your Grace is more than enough. May we show that same grace to those around us.
    Amen!

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    How true Doug.

Sort results by: Book of the Bible | Most relevant search result

​AMEN Gary. Thanks for the references! God is so good.

THANK YOU DOUG, THIS BROUGHT ME COMFORT, I HAVE BEEN ANGRY FOR 2 YEARS because of not being able to find a job.I also was mad at my ex wife for moving to Ohio with my daughter.I miss her terrible, talk to her whenever she calls but that isnt the same as her being with me and having fun going out ,to chunky cheese or something like that., Thank you that is what I needed to read and i feel better thank you, Felt like a ton of bricks was removed off my shoulders.

SEMPER FI AND GODBLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DOUG

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Last edited by Rocky C; 02-24-13 at 03:41 PM. Reason: fixed an error for Doc

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Through prayer, Bible study, and reliance upon God’s Holy Spirit, ungodly anger can be overcome. We may have allowed anger to become entrenched in our lives by habitual practice, but we can also practice responding correctly until that, too, becomes a habit and God is glorified in our response.

You are welcome Doc. I fought rage issues for many years. It is easy to continue but difficult to submit to the Lord. I find the more I'm in prayer and his word the easier it gets.

Thanks Rocky Great thoughts.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great Thread as always Doug.

God Bless Brother.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post
    Through prayer, Bible study, and reliance upon God’s Holy Spirit, ungodly anger can be overcome. We may have allowed anger to become entrenched in our lives by habitual practice, but we can also practice responding correctly until that, too, becomes a habit and God is glorified in our response.

Used to get angery all the time but then I stopped and things changed the only time I get angery now is when a few of my grey cells take a vacation and I do someting really stupid so I get angery with myself. Kinda of a one sided thing talking to a old ugly person. Think God understands.

Some people feel good feeling ANGRY like Marines.

Yut!

I mean, isn't that why they feed us bull**** and keep us in the dark, so we stay nice and ****ed off?

Thread Information