Confused -LAT move Intel???
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Confused -LAT move Intel???

Im a Corporal looking to LAT move into the Intel field. For 0231 or 0241. How is it on a daily buisiness? I already meet all the pre-requistites I just want to make sure I know what I'm getting into. Most of the 0231 Marines I have met in these past couple of days are hating life. I want to know your experiences. How is pick up? I haven't had the opportunity to speak to a 0241 Marine so same questions still apply. Thanks!

Please refrain from your negative comments. This is a question. If you dont have the answer, hit the back button now.

Stand Down Marine.
    You asked a question so you are going to get Pro's and Con's.

Afterall, isn't what you are looking for in your question ?

And square away you profile ASAP. It's a little thin...

Rocky C
    Forum Administrator

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 12-12-12 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Have some thick skin. If not, don't ask the question.

What's your current MOS and what unit are you with? The Occfld sponsor is here at Camp Lejeune and may be able to answer your questions.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have met him MGySgt. He knows I am submitting. Im an 0111. Thing is with all the interviews I 've been doing lately hardly any of the 0231's seem very satisfied with their MOS. Just weighing my options now and am looking into both 0231 and 0241.

If you work at the IPAC, I am your security manager in Bldg 1, that's why I asked. You will need an SCI screening if you decide to apply for either MOS.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sorry MGySgt not me I work on New River. S-1.

That would be Mr. Ashford. Can the Occfld sponsor set you up with an interview with someone who is currently an 0241? Maybe Mr. Buechner (sp) can pull some strings?

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I do know of him. So far I did have an interview with a 0231 Marine hoever, not a 0241 Marine... I will have to talk to my Career Planner.

If you only want positive comments what's the point of soliciting input from others? Would think you would want to know the good and the bad. But, it's your thread.

One thing to consider would be the drawdown's effect on the MOS. Most 0231's I talked to did the majority of actual work on deployments. With the Marine Corps thinning out, it may become a hard field to get promoted in. You could probably find good work at a COCOM or MEU, but things like CLIC, HET, or CISE opportunities may be diminishing. Thing is, we've been at war so long, many guys you talk to might not have experienced the 02 field, pre 9-11. Just some stuff to consider, going forward, when you speak with Marines about the MOS. I'm sure you could get a pump in after graduating NMITC, depending on how long a LAT-move will take.

If you go '31, I hope you like Powerpoint and talking in front of people.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie917 View Post
    If you dont have the answer, hit the back button now.
    You just proved why most Marines have issues with 01's -- attitude.

Leave your attitude at the log-in screen, and I'll just leave it at that.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Nothing I said was meant with any attitude. I've seen Marines rip apart other Marines for the questions they post on this website. SO when I said "Please refrain from your negative comments. This is a question. If you dont have the answer hit the back button now." That was intended for Marines who have no intention of answering the question and just want to throw negative feed on a question. SO yes leave it at that.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sadie, your profile is pretty light... Please COMPLETELY fill out your profile .
    Site Rules.
    I see an Admin has already asked you to square away your profile...

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks ChuckH. I just logged in and saw this. It's filled.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    @TenneseeTop Thanks MSgt. I do want both good and bad feeds. I just meant the no negative comments for the Marines who mean to be rude and give smart remark answers ex. "look it up" or "its called a career planner".

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks Sadie...

Thread Information