what are the Marines willing to wavier
Create Post

what are the Marines willing to wavier

everyone tells me a different story..im short and one person tells me that they will wavier my height the other says its not possible...which story should i go with??

Similar Threads:

If you are at least 58" (4' 10") and at least 90 lbs.... you are good to go.

You didn't state your height but these are the current enlistment standards.

Read at:
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...cweightfem.htm

im 4'11 and a quarter and about 130lbs

Re

Quote Originally Posted by rachaelnos View Post
    im 4'11 and a quarter and about 130lbs
    In that case.... you need to start working out to drop some pounds. You will need to be at a maximum of 121 but I suggest you get down to about 110. Work on your upper body strength so you can do the flex hang for the required amount of time.

If they let you sign into DEP without losing the weight...make sure you join into the DEP PT sessions to get ready for boot.

Good luck.

im on my school wrestling team so they want me to drop weight but im all muscle..what should i do..cuz im gaining weight cuz of my muscle?? and im really strong..i may be little..but i beat the guys in all our physical stuff we do everyday

Re

In the 60s...when I hit boot....mainly they wanted you to have a pulse but that was during VN and they needed warm bodies. However, I was at my football weight of 225 and the DI determined that I should be less than or equal to 200. I walked out of boot at 185.

The recruiter will take into account musculature but not that much. It will be up to MEPS and they will follow regs.

Talk to the recruiter and see what they say. That is the only way you are going to get the proper answer.

I posted this is your other thread and I think it's worth repeating.

I know this has nothing to do with your questions, but you're going to be 18 years old in a few weeks and your grammar should be a bit a better than what is it. How about using spell check for one. Also, use some basic sentence structure like capital letters a beginning of sentences, capitalize the letter "I", use punctuation marks where needed, and periods at end of sentences.
    It does make a difference!

***Also, since you are still in school, you shouldn't even be on Leatherneck during school hours, no exceptions!!!
    And yes, this does include study halls.***

Curfew during school nights.......and during school hours
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ol-hours/page2

Last edited by Lisa 23; 11-16-12 at 01:06 PM.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The easiest way is to watch what you eat and do more of a crossfit work out. By doing that you won't build as much muscle but you will get tone. Also you want to run a lot. This will help cut excess fat and you will make your weight requirements.

Go see a recruiter. They will put you on a weight scale and measure you with a tape measure. Then, do what they tell you to do (if you really want to earn the title). Do you want to wrestle or meet USMC height/weight standards? You decide.

Height and weight are metrics to consider but more importantly will be your body mass index (BMI) and body composition. In other words, if your BMI is more fat than muscle, you gotta change that profile. Good luck.

Thread Information