Any 1371's out there?
Create Post

Any 1371's out there?

Shipping for Boot 20121113, My MoS being chosen as a 1371, I'll be attached to the 4th Combat Engineer battalion, Alpha company to be exact.

I've read the other posts on her, most ask about seeing combat, I'd rather just know what your experiences were, or if you had Combat Engineers with you during deployments or even if you've been with the 4th combat engineers.

As always, thanks Marines.

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    What you do as a combat engineer will vary depending on who you deploy with or what you deploy as(if you'll even get to deploy). You said your going to 4th CEB, Alpha Co. Usually a CEB deploys directly with an infantry unit to do route clearance and breaching operations. But being that you will be with a reserve unit, you could deploy and get tasked out to construct FOB's/PB's or get stuck on a major operations base building building workbenches and $hitters.

Credits
    Savings
    Good answer Marine.

First the Poolee has to earn the title ...

Thanks much Josephd,
    I sure do hope I'm not stuck on some cruddy detail, but oh well, signed up for it. I'm meeting my unit this coming Wednesday. Hopefully this is all I expect it to be.

I'm a 1371. If you have any questions PM me but I wont know much about how your life is gonna be. From the guys I've talked to, you get a haircut and come in once a month, do something training related, and go back on with your life. I don't think 4th is even deploying right now. They probably won't. But M14ed has a point, you need to earn the title. They aren't your unit yet. They are the unit you want to be in. Who says you even make it past bootcamp.

Thanks PVTshane,
    I have a bit more info now, I actually just got off the island about 14 hours ago.
    Finally a Marine, now to change this status...

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats Marine.
    I didn't receive a PM from you but I saw your thread.
    I will change your status to " Marine " right now.
    Please update your profile to reflect the changes ASAP.

Thank you and Welcome to the " Marine Corps Family ".

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Thread Information