MP School questions
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

MP School questions

I haven't updated anyone for a long while but I graduated bootcamp went on to MCT and most of MP school. (Got dropped and am being med boarded) But I am more than happy to answer any questions you all may have.

Similar Threads:

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    what's the school like? was there a lot of physical competition, or was it mostly training? are the teachers at the school great? what are the bathrooms like at your MCRD?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowling View Post
    I haven't updated anyone for a long while but I graduated bootcamp went on to MCT and most of MP school. (Got dropped and am being med boarded) But I am more than happy to answer any questions you all may have.
    Congrats Marine.
    Status changed from Poolee/DEP to " Marine ".
    Please square away your profile to reflect the changes.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear you got a Med Sep.

Best of Health to you and Good Luck.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Last edited by Rocky C; 11-30-12 at 06:00 PM.

I want to be Military Police. Is there a lot of competition in getting that MOS? And what was your favorite and least favorite part of what you've done so far in school?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I had a great time in training! The only reason it's hard to get into is because a lot of people sign for it and they only have so many slots. Training is awesome! You do both class work and a lot of hands on stuff. My favorite part was probably either defensive tactics or learning about and driving hmmwvs. I honestly don't have a least favorite part. It is all great training and a lot of fun! As for the instructors, They are all very helpful and they do their best to make sure you understand everything 100% before you move on. As for the physical stuff, we mostly do MCMAP but running is also a big thing we do. It's not bad though. At this point in training, most can keep up. They do have battles of squads but that's about it.

I'm heading out to Fort Leonard Wood on Monday and have some questions.

What are the barracks like? Is it like at MCT or is the two or three to a room kind?

How long is it? I've heard both 9 and 12 weeks and can't find a definitive answer.

What should I take with me? We got an early grad from MCT on Dec. 21st for Christmas and then recruiter's assistance. I don't know if I need to take all my uniforms and gear like we were told to for MCT where we didn't hardly use any of it.

What all do we train in? I know some of it like defense tactics, driving the hmmwvs, and the police related skills and such.

Sorry for all the questions I just like to know what to expect.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dk151993 View Post
    I'm heading out to Fort Leonard Wood on Monday and have some questions.

What are the barracks like? Is it like at MCT or is the two or three to a room kind?

How long is it? I've heard both 9 and 12 weeks and can't find a definitive answer.

What should I take with me? We got an early grad from MCT on Dec. 21st for Christmas and then recruiter's assistance. I don't know if I need to take all my uniforms and gear like we were told to for MCT where we didn't hardly use any of it.

What all do we train in? I know some of it like defense tactics, driving the hmmwvs, and the police related skills and such.

Sorry for all the questions I just like to know what to expect.
    Congrats Marine.
    I will change your status right now.
    Please square away your profile ASAP to reflect the changes.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

MP School is 12 Weeks long nowadays. The training that you get at the school house is amazing I graduated recently with 12-12. You have to remember that your instructors are the top 10% of that MOS. The course outline is separated into three phases, the last one being the field portion. Even though you will get taught slightly different things in the fleet, try to retain all of the knowledge that you will be given at MP school.

How much free time do you get?
    I heard you have weekends off?

Yea we got weekends off along with a couple 96s which you can go home for if you get approved. I loved the training there and most of the instructors. A few of us were lucky enough to pick up our gray belts too. Had to put in some time on a couple weekends to do it but it was worth it. Completely voluntary though.

Good luck.. Too bad I'm not in the fleet any more haha..

Maybe one of my Junior Marines will be your NCO in the Fleet and you'll hear about my awesome legacy!

Thread Information