Advice for a future Marine/FMF Chaplain?
Closed Thread

Advice for a future Marine/FMF Chaplain?

My dream since I was young has been to serve my country in the uniform, but my calling even before that was to serve as a member of the clergy. So, now that I am working on getting myself through MEPS (I will get through, have been through once already through an Army program which did not sit well with me before I would have shipped), I decided to seek the Marine Corps, whom I have always held in the highest regard, being that my uncle was combat disabled force recon from Vietnam, and I frequently volunteered for the Marine Corps League he belonged to.

When I finish boot camp at parris island, along with all my training, I will be seeking to obtain my bachelors degree online. Would any Marines/anyone who may hold the answer know which MOS's I should look for in order to have the most ample time and opportunity to complete this bachelors degree within 5-10 years, fully online? This is how long I wish to serve in the Corps as an enlisted Marine.

Following my enlisted service in the Corps, I wish to follow my earlier calling, as mentioned above: To become a Chaplain. I would then get out, grab those GI bill benefits hopefully (No luck yet on finding if I can use them on graduate work) and attend seminary, following which I would receive my ordination. After completing all the requirments, I would proceed to seek my Navy commission. Would anyone by chance know what the chances are of getting assigned to the Fleet Marine Force if you volunteer for that capacity?

Thank you for your time!