VMA Pilot AV-8B Qualified Vs VMFA Pilot F/A-18 Qualified?
Create Post

VMA Pilot AV-8B Qualified Vs VMFA Pilot F/A-18 Qualified?

Who has a better aircraft

Whats there role in the in The Marines

Which is more called up to the front lines

Which Pilot and Fighter jet has a better possibility of shooting down a enemy during a dogfight

Which has the faster Fighter jet

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FuturePulley1 View Post
    Who has a better aircraft

Whats there role in the in The Marines

Which is more called up to the front lines

Which Pilot and Fighter jet has a better possibility of shooting down a enemy during a dogfight

Which has the faster Fighter jet
    they both run the same and completely different mission and both have different roles within the MAGTF

they both run close air support to the infantry and they both also run recon and show of force missions

dont know

considering pilots really don't get into dog fights anymore....

I don't think it'd be a stretch to say the F/A-18 is faster but that doesnt mean anything really

Other than out of pure curiosity I am not sure why you asked these questions and why it really matters to you. I have had the privilege of seeing both in action in Afghanistan, they are both fully capable of running the missions assigned. Not sure why you would want to question which is better because they are both Marine Corps aircraft, both support the boots on the deck, and both do an exceptional job doing so.

Let me know the next time we get into an air war with the Taliban... I'm sure F/A-18 pilots do a lot of dogfighting in Afghanistan.

Im just curious thats all

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    they both run the same and completely different mission and both have different roles within the MAGTF

they both run close air support to the infantry and they both also run recon and show of force missions

dont know

considering pilots really don't get into dog fights anymore....

I don't think it'd be a stretch to say the F/A-18 is faster but that doesnt mean anything really

Other than out of pure curiosity I am not sure why you asked these questions and why it really matters to you. I have had the privilege of seeing both in action in Afghanistan, they are both fully capable of running the missions assigned. Not sure why you would want to question which is better because they are both Marine Corps aircraft, both support the boots on the deck, and both do an exceptional job doing so.
    Im just curious thats all I just want to know whats the difference between a VMA Pilot AV-8B Qualified Or A VMFA Pilot F/A-18 Qualified

Thread Information