School for communications
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

School for communications

Hi, I don't know if this is the correct area for this question but my son asked me to find out about when his school picks up. He is a recent graduate from Parris Island and is currently on camp guard at MCT at Camp Geiger. He was told by one of his squad mates that there is a back up. He is due to graduate the end of October.Can anyone guide me? I don't have a specific MOS either, just 0600.
    Thanks in advance and thank you all for your service. Anita, a proud but confused mom

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Post moved to Marine Family/Marine Parents forum.

Don't know if anyone would have specific knowledge of a date for the class to pick up. He will get ten days leave and report. My son is Field radio operator (trained at 29 Palms in Cali). I think he had about a month. While waiting he was able to get qualified as a Humvee driver.

Don't know specifically about MOS 06XXX, which seems to be a rather large and diverse field, but typically your Marine should receive his orders right before graduating MCT. If there is a backlog he will most likely find out then. My son graduated MCT Oct 2, 2012 from Camp Pendleton and was on a plane that night for Camp Lejeune for his MOS school (1161). Good luck to him.

Last edited by travis mcgee; 10-16-12 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spacing error

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

MOS school pick-ups

My son & daughter are both recruits at Parris Island, but their friends who graduated in the past 6 months or so all reported to their MOS schools immediately following MCT. One of those Marines, a female Marine, reported as ordered to Pensacola immediately after MCT graduation, to find out her MOS has changed, but will be taking classes for a couple of months in Pensacola anyway. My daughter's MOS school is at Camp Lejeune,and my son's is at Ft. Sill, but that won't be until after MCT (first 2013 group) so I can't speak from personal experience yet. Good luck with yours!

Sarah

There's generally no way to be certain. Once he graduates mct he'll go to 29 palms. On arrival there either he'll immediately be placed in a class OR he'll be out in marines awaiting training *mat* platoon. Depending on how many are ahead of him and how fast classes pick up will determine when he starts his course

Thread Information