College Opportunities & MOS Question
Create Post

Question College Opportunities & MOS Question

Hey Marines. First off, thank you for your service. I look forward to being apart of the brotherhood in a year. (In senior year now). But i have an important question:
    Will i be able to go to college while being a Marine? I think the more appropriate word would be if i would have the time? My MOS is going to be Aviation Electronics Technician and so i don't know how it would play out into my schedule. I still want an education, but i don't know if it will be possible time-wise.

In addition. Is Aviation Electronics Technician a good MOS to have?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    This depends on how you manage your time. Also when you get done with your work day do you wanna go relax in your barracks and go out enjoy yourself or do you want to go to school?? Keep in mind air wingers do work some long hours, you will have the time to get some schooling done but it's on you on how to do that.

Another thing to think about is if you do your 4 years you'll be out by 22/23. That is still plenty young enough to go back to school.

I wouldn't worry about this kind of thing at this point. Once you graduate from boot camp, finish MOS school, and hit the fleet then you can start thinking about going to school based on what your schedule is like.

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    This depends on how you manage your time. Also when you get done with your work day do you wanna go relax in your barracks and go out enjoy yourself or do you want to go to school?? Keep in mind air wingers do work some long hours, you will have the time to get some schooling done but it's on you on how to do that.

Another thing to think about is if you do your 4 years you'll be out by 22/23. That is still plenty young enough to go back to school.

I wouldn't worry about this kind of thing at this point. Once you graduate from boot camp, finish MOS school, and hit the fleet then you can start thinking about going to school based on what your schedule is like.
    Well I want to stay in the Corps for a while. It's going to be my future for sure. But i think of it now because i'd like to plan out my future ahead of time and have a little rough draft of what it'll be like. But thanks for the input, Sir.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    it's great that you think that but how about you graduate from HS and get to boot camp first. then take it one enlistment at a time.

Thread Information