Called For Backround Interview
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Called For Backround Interview

Hello Marines,
    I am not scheduled to ship until july 15th of next year. I recently went to MEPS so i haven't even picked a job with my recruiter. Just this morning i got a call from some guy saying he was conducting a background check for me entering the Marines and needed an interview. Does anyone have any information on these investigations? Are they normal ?

Did he properly identify himself? I would say that you should not accept the investigation. If it's legit, they'll find a way to talk to you, i.e. in person if it's that urgent. You didn't select a contract either, and not every MOS requires an in-depth background check. Talk with your recruiter about the call, and I would advise to conducting any background investigation in person with someone who has a badge. Not a plastic play one either.

You said the background check was for you, be sure you didn't mishear. You don't have any other buddies entering the service who may have listed you as a contact for reference for their own background check for a security clearance, do you?

I never got called by anyone asking about my history. I filled out plenty of papers for my MOS but never a call about the general entrance into the Corps.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey thanks for the reply Marine. I actually had the meeting today, it seemed legit he properly identified himself and had all my information from the SF-86 Form. It went pretty well all he did was go over the answers with me. My recruiter told me a few of his other Poolees also had to the same and said that they do about 25% of people. Hopefully all goes well, thanks for the reply Marine.

No problem. Just as long as he ID'd himself. Good luck with the DEP, let me know if you got any questions I'll be glad to help.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Will do, thank you

If your MOS requires a top secret clearance, there is a mandatory interview. If you only require secret, but have some issues, i.e., financial, police, etc., then you will also be interviewed.

Thread Information