Boot Camp Anxiety
Create Post

Boot Camp Anxiety

Hello I am a Poolee from Virginia. I am set to go to Boot Camp July 23rd. I have been fine up until this point. Since i am 30 days out, i have become very nervous.. Though it is a dream to become a Marine and follow the steps of my grandfather and father who are vets, I feel very nervous . It's hard for me to sleep because all i think about is 13 weeks. Is there any advice that will prepare me to get through Boot Camp mentally?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrummerofwar View Post
    Hello I am a Poolee from Virginia.
    i am 30 days out,
    i have become very nervous..
    I feel very nervous .
    It's hard for me to sleep
    all i think about is Boot Camp.
    Is there any advice that will prepare me
    to get through Boot Camp mentally?
    I don't think you're nervous ..
    the word you want to use is
    ANXIOUS ..

It's a natural stage for all kinds of situations.

The first/next stage of consideration for you to
    ponder is apprehension
    ...AS in ...............when you get off
    the bus on Parris Island , and the first thought in
    your head is "WTF"..

sorry , I know how to spell it but they won't let us
    use curses in here..

Is there any advice that will prepare me
    to get through Boot Camp mentally?
    Keep an open mind, and a good sense of Humor.
    best of luck.

Now, show us how it's done , " Sunshine ".

PS , hope to see you in here after about 4 months
    to tell us how you liked our "Island" and let us know
    if you earned the title.

PS.. you can go hang out with the Poolee section in here. You'll find you aren't UNIQUE over nervousness

Man, you are going right in the middle of the summer. Those DI's are going to be like crazed animals. And the sand fleas are going to ****ed cause the DI's are ****ed.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Man, you are going right in the middle of the summer. Those DI's are going to be like crazed animals. And the sand fleas are going to ****ed cause the DI's are ****ed.

Good luck.
    My dad said that the sand fleas were relentless and attacked like a pack of wolves. I think ill be more afraid of the Drill Instructors than the sand fleas though. I remember stories of my friend saying they had to do "pit runs"

Yeah, the sand fleas aren't that bad. The chow is great, too.

No reason to sweat the roller coaster ride until you are up on top of that first big drop, then just yell as loud as you want.

My dad said that the sand fleas were relentless and attacked like a pack of wolves. I think ill be more afraid of the Drill Instructors than the sand fleas though. I remember stories of my friend saying they had to do "pit runs"
    I would rather deal with DI's then a bunch of hungry sand fleas. DI's will try, but as of late they can not crawl inside your eye, or up your nose, or in your ears for dinner.

Glad you found the humor in my previous post. Don't worry, you aren't doing anything that hasn't been done. They are going to get you out of your comfort zone to see what's inside. Everybody is nervous/anxious it's natural, it happens. Just focus on what you are there to do and why -- and before you know it you'll be on the parade deck wishing you didn't have to leave the Island.

That happens, too; the feeling of not wanting to leave the Island and more importantly the Marines in your platoon. That's when you really know the Marine Corps is in your blood -- when you'd rather be around Marines then anybody else.

Good luck, have fun, and take lots of pictures.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Relax and Breath.
    Your Ready. Don't overthink everything esp. the 13 weeks.

Good Luck to you.

See you when you get back with " The Title ".

They can take pictures in boot camp now? I tried bringing an old military green brush in that my dad used in the service, and it got tossed in the trash!

Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    They can take pictures in boot camp now? I tried bringing an old military green brush in that my dad used in the service, and it got tossed in the trash!
    Once they pull out their stress cards they are allowed one picture per day. They are thinking about allowing nightly text message, I hear.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post

They are thinking about allowing nightly
    text message, I hear.
    Probibly to be followed by a
    "Reach Around" now that they've
    "Canned" D.A.D.T.

Just enjoy your 13 weeks of hazing and earn the title such as the rest of us have done and make us proud.

thewookie was joking

What you are feeling is natural and will only last until you step into those yellow footprints. After that, you won't have time to be nervous (that's the first big drop of the rollercoaster as previously mentioned). And, you'll be so tired, you'll sleep like a baby until the firewatch wakes your platoon up (around an hour before the lights come on so every swinging **** will be dressed before the DI walks out of his duty hut).

Can't say anything about the sand fleas as I am a "hollywood Marine". They issued us sunglasses, bermuda shorts, flip-flops, and sun block. We watched John Wayne flicks, ate popcorn, and drank sodas every Friday night at the depot theater.

don't stress out there will be time for that later
    keep your eyes and ears open
    remember others have done this you can too
    good luck ...enjoy the ride

Thread Information