Someone Please Help!!
Create Post

Someone Please Help!!

A few months back when I was living with my moms(Which Was A Living Hell), I got in trouble at school. A substitute teacher and I got in an altercation. My cell phone fell out of my holster onto the floor, and she seen it. She asked for my cell phone I told her no, she asked twice again, both times I said no. Finally I gave her the cell phone, but I tossed it onto the teachers desk, and I went to grab my belongings to go to the office. She blocked the door and I just walked through her arm. She called the principles, so I waited outside. She said I pushed her, but I didn't. The cops camed with them, so they put me under arrest. So I waited in the office, they searched me in the database, and seen I had a clean record(I Was A Scout, and in a Leadership Program). So everything was good and kosher, they were about to take me home, but the head principle incest I go to juvey. So they looked through some huge book, and charged me with simple assualt. I went to the center spent the night and went to the court the next day. The judge looked threw my files and said I was a good child and my lawyer told her about my deceased grandfather, him and I where very close. He was like my father, reason being, my dad was in the Navy. She released me to my mother, but I had to relocate with my dad. She didn't give me probation, community service, anger classes, house arrest, fines or anything in that order. My mom told me they dropped the charges. I'm now living in VA, and everyone says I seem like a happier child. I have a 2.9 GPA, and complete better environment. Now my question is, is how will The Corps look at this??
    Thanks ahead of time. P.S. My dad says I won't need a waiver. Is that accurate?

You need to go and talk to your local recruiter (if you're at least a junior). Don't call them; go to their office for a face-to-face meeting. Be truthful and tell them everything about your situation (that's the only way they can accurately evaluate it). Your recruiter knows the current situation with waivers...we don't.

Here's a hint. You need to grow up and develop a better respect for authority figures (like your teachers). Their request for your cell phone was not violating your rights (you would get it back later) so you should've handed it over and avoided the confrontation to begin with. But, some people have to learn the hard way and hopefully you did. Certainly, you understand that life in the military means doing exactly what you're told when you're told to do it no matter how much you don't want to. They don't send you to juvey in the USMC, they put you in the brig (jail).

My life is brand new, I'm finishing up high school, haven't got an any trouble since I moved with my day and his wife, even by my them. I personslly think i learned tons, just from that one incident. I use to be a angry kid when I stayed with my mom, and it was effecting my life in every way. But I'm out of that situation, and living a good life. And sir I understand, I have no problem with following orders, I just thought I was wrong to take my phone, I was not using it at all.

I think I was released with a warning or something similar.. Thank you alot Master Sergeant!

Oh and by the way, I WAS NOT CONVICTED..

You will be fine. As long as you weren't convicted, its just a matter of the recruiter writing a simple letter to be entered at MEPS explaining what happened at thats it. No harm, no foul.

Thread Information