Waivers at MEPS
Create Post

Thread: Waivers at MEPS

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Waivers at MEPS

Is it possible to get a moral waiver AND a medical waiver at MEPS?

Yes it's possible but it all depends on if the docs deem you mentally and physically fit to serve.

Criminal History Waivers

As with the other services, the United States Marine Corps and United States Navy screen applicants for "moral qualifications" (criminal history).

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...minal.-um-.htm

Military Medical Standards for Enlistment, Appointment, or Induction

Main Menu

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...dstandards.htm

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Depends on what the waiver's for, with everything. If it's something small, like maybe getting arrested but not charged for something like shoplifting, and you're relatively good elsewhere, maybe. With the drawdown happening and all, waivers are probably less likely to be approved. It sounds kinda petty, but a lot depends on the mood of the people doing the waivering at MEPS.

Credits
    Savings
    It's for poss of marj case that got dismissed and a bankart repair that I got on my shoulder..the recruiter that comes around the school said I have a good shot at the waivers but after searching around the web I feel like my dream of becoming a Marine is slwoly dying

Last edited by Rocky C; 01-10-14 at 06:11 PM.

Your best bet is to talk to a recruiter and get the ball rolling.. you have a chance to be approved.. just get all the paperwork from your surgery when the recruiter asks for them. You'd never know if you could have joined the Marines if you never even tried. Go talk to one about it. Best of luck to you.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well it's been almost a year since your last post and you are logged in now to the forum.

How are you making out ???

Credits
    Savings
    A lot of things happened, both good and bad. The good news is my medical waiver was approved by BuMED after almost a year of waiting. Right now I'm working toward getting my moral waiver to get approved by the CO so if everything goes well I will be able to enlist within the month! Bad news is I most likely will not be able to a UV contract because of the moral waiver issue but hopefully I can volunteer during SOI, I speak Russian and will be getting my EMT-B cert. in May so I got that going for me heh.

Have faith in your recruiter. We are pretty good at what we do. And if we are investing that much time in someone, we are doing everything we can to get you enlisted.

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah I was lucky enough to find someone that would work with me on all my waiver's so I'm grateful for that. I'll probably post back here when I get everything squared away and hopefully enlist.

Thread Information