60 Years of HRH The Queen
Create Post

60 Years of HRH The Queen

This year marks 60 years of the Boss Lady being in charge and it looks like she's not giving up yet !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16896731

Splice the mainbrace and raise a tot to Her Majesty !!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody2654 View Post
    This year marks 60 years of the Boss Lady being in charge and it looks like she's not giving up yet !

Should be some nice military parades there this summer over and above the usual.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Heres too Tha QUEEN

Hear, hear

Congratulations your Majesty! I just hope your pompous son Charles and his Rottweiler b!tch wife Camilla ascend to the throne. I hope William and Kate will be the next King and Queen.

Toast the Queen, hell, you can't even approach her.

Credits
    Savings
    Conch and Old Marine.

Charles will be the next King, he is the heir, those are the rules. William and Katherine will, in the course of time, make excellent replacements; it would be good for them to enjoy a relatively normal life while they bring up their own family. Charles has his detractors, he may even be regarded as a bit of a prat, however he is a highly intelligent, knowledgeable man who is willing to place his head above the parapet to stimulate discussion, not necessarily argument.

As far as approachability I'm unsure how many people outside the UK are aware that every day the general public speak with many members of the Royal Family. My daughter had lunch with the Queen and Prince Edward, I have had two "discussions" with Phil the Greek and on it goes.

Come on over and enjoy the celebrations. As a bit of background, the boat being used as the Royal Barge for the parade along the Thames is owned by a man who was iscovered walking barefoot along the street at he age of five when his mother turned to drink after being left by her husband. He went through the orphanage system, created his own career and education by his own effort. His pride at his boat being chosen is immeasurable.

http://www.thamesdiamondjubileepagea...ory.aspx?id=63

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Parry View Post
    Conch and Old Marine.

Charles will be the next King, he is the heir, those are the rules. William and Katherine will, in the course of time, make excellent replacements; it would be good for them to enjoy a relatively normal life while they bring up their own family. Charles has his detractors, he may even be regarded as a bit of a prat, however he is a highly intelligent, knowledgeable man who is willing to place his head above the parapet to stimulate discussion, not necessarily argument.

As far as approachability I'm unsure how many people outside the UK are aware that every day the general public speak with many members of the Royal Family. My daughter had lunch with the Queen and Prince Edward, I have had two "discussions" with Phil the Greek and on it goes.

Come on over and enjoy the celebrations. As a bit of background, the boat being used as the Royal Barge for the parade along the Thames is owned by a man who was iscovered walking barefoot along the street at he age of five when his mother turned to drink after being left by her husband. He went through the orphanage system, created his own career and education by his own effort. His pride at his boat being chosen is immeasurable.

http://www.thamesdiamondjubileepagea...ory.aspx?id=63
    Wish I had the money, Rob, I'd be there. The Englishman in me calls.

I have a few things on my "To Do" list if I ever hit big on the lotto: See a Trooping of the Colour; see a Beating Retreat by both the Guards and Royal Marines; see a Tattoo at Edinburgh (preferably with RM bands); and of course, the tourist's favorite, a Guard Mounting at Bucks.

One can dream.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Wish I had the money, Rob, I'd be there. The Englishman in me calls.

I have a few things on my "To Do" list if I ever hit big on the lotto: See a Trooping of the Colour; see a Beating Retreat by both the Guards and Royal Marines; see a Tattoo at Edinburgh (preferably with RM bands); and of course, the tourist's favorite, a Guard Mounting at Bucks.

One can dream.
    They are all free apart from the Edinburgh tattoo, you can stand on the Mall and watch the whole thing or apply for seats if you know how.
    Great occasions.

Horseguards Parade, where they carry out all the above, is being used this year for the Beach Volleyball competition in the Olympics. I'm sure somebody in the previous government was taking the urine.

Thread Information