Questions about Recon.
Closed Thread

Questions about Recon.

I would first like to start off by saying that i have the utmost respect for every Marine. I just signed my contract in December and I'm shipping out on September 17 under 0321. I've been captain of my high school football team for the last two years as well as captain of my wrestling team as a junior. (I didn't wrestle this year because i wanted to be able to make all of the DEPs meeting possible.) I understand Recon is a big mental game, but I want to go in as physically prepared as possible. I'm obsessed with physical fitness and chose the Marine Corps over college football because of their attitude, my family ties, and the simple fact that Marines are the baddest dudes on the planet. I need some help preparing myself physically. I can squat around 475, bench around 300, 120 pushups before i can't go anymore, around 124 crunches in two minutes and 24 pullups. I weigh around 190 pounds my 3 mile is at 21:30 seconds. I've been doing alot of swimming. I've read all of the generic online workouts but I need some advise on training from someone who actually is former Recon. I currently do a BIGGER FASTER STRONGER program with my football coach and on mondays wedsdays and fridays try to get a good distance run and swim in. Any Help is appreciated, and I hope to one day earn the title.
    Thank You

Moved to the Ask A Marine forum............and Closed.

I know we're here to answer your questions, but when you see the same questions being asked over and over and over, it gets tiresome after a while.

Do a search on the site as Recon has been asked and answered many times before.....there's even a sticky on this.

Scout Sniper/Recon/MARSOC Information
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70637

Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-11-12 at 10:43 AM.

Thread Information