Survival Tactics For Marine Boot Camp - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan75 View Post
    I am a female who is going to join the marines. I also in the young marines. Should I stay in? Will it help me in the prepare for the marines? I only have about a year mabey longer before i leave is there anything else i should know that you have not posted on here? What about physical requirements?
    The words Marine;Marines;Marine Corps ARE ALWAYS capitalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeley View Post
    Chain Breaker,

1. Finish school
    2. Stay away from drugs
    3. Read up lots
    4. Work out (run, pull-ups, push-ups, cruches)
    5. Stay motivated!
    You also forgot Gangs, Wrong Friend, Bad influences, and Bad Women

Quote Originally Posted by Megan75 View Post
    I am a female who is going to join the marines. I also in the young marines. Should I stay in? Will it help me in the prepare for the marines? I only have about a year mabey longer before i leave is there anything else i should know that you have not posted on here? What about physical requirements?
    It could, it depends on how you see it. JROTC,YM,NSCC,CAP and all other Cadet programs main goal is to teach you to be Better Citizens. Just learn form your instructors and the Cadets who Graduated form Basic. If you make above YM/Sergeant you will graduate a PFC from boot also. I am a C/1Lt in AJROTC so aske me any JROTC or Cadet questions Megan75.

My bad

I'm not that great with computers. I usually don't have time. I was trying to figure it out and what do you mean I got both wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by 1oftheFew View Post

* I'm a reservist and I'm just doing this for college money.

Jeff
    ha what money?

Thanks. Well I just made LCpl. and this summer I am hoping to get accepted into JLS.
    Is there any websites that would help me out?

Credits
    Savings
    From post 76, above -
    Quote Originally Posted by Drill for life View Post
    You also forgot Gangs, Wrong Friend, Bad influences, and Bad Women

OK Drill for life, you wanna **** with me, **** with me. You wanna correct my posts, correct the **** away. You wanna be a wise ass and add to my posts, add the **** away.

But lemme tell you, you ever get cutsy on one of Seeleys posts again, you won't be able to stand the rain of **** that is gonna fall upon your head.

Seeley -
    Military Biography
    Enlisted at 17. Blown up at 19. Retired at 21.

He joined this site in '02. What were you doing, still ****ting yellow and sucking teat?

This little tirade of mine may well indeed get me busted, but I'll be dammed if you **** around anymore with a Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    From post 76, above -

OK Drill for life, you wanna **** with me, **** with me. You wanna correct my posts, correct the **** away. You wanna be a wise ass and add to my posts, add the **** away.

But lemme tell you, you ever get cutsy on one of Seeleys posts again, you won't be able to stand the rain of **** that is gonna fall upon your head.

Seeley -
    Military Biography
    Enlisted at 17. Blown up at 19. Retired at 21.

He joined this site in '02. What were you doing, still ****ting yellow and sucking teat?

This little tirade of mine may well indeed get me busted, but I'll be dammed if you **** around anymore with a Marine.
    This kid just doesn't get it. Don't care what he's done, how many play ribbons he has, don't care how many color details he's done. I agree fully, he has zero standing to trash any Marine, especially Seeley. Seeley has done more before age 19 than most people do all their life.

Speaking of the Crucible, I Never thought I would make it up the Reaper. Got up to the first shelf, looked left and saw about 6 or 7 more and was convinced I was done right then and there. I think at full strength it wouldn't be that bad because MCT hills are far worse but after the beating your body has taken it's the hardest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by biesseb View Post
    Speaking of the Crucible, I Never thought I would make it up the Reaper. Got up to the first shelf, looked left and saw about 6 or 7 more and was convinced I was done right then and there. I think at full strength it wouldn't be that bad because MCT hills are far worse but after the beating your body has taken it's the hardest thing ever.
    Is the Reaper the erection of platforms stacked on top of each other that you basically have to just lift yourself from one to the next?

O son you got a surprise coming your way. If the reaper were what you thought then there would be millions of more Marines. The Reaper is the meanest, most unforgiving pile of dirt that the Lord put on this Earth. It's about 6 or so hills that go straight up into the sky. In order for you to earn your title of United States Marine then you must hump those hills with a pack on your back that weighs about half of what you weigh. I'm not gonna lie to you son, it's gonna take everything you got and then some in order for you to make it. But don't let that demoralize you. Thousands of men have come before you and made that hump and you're gonna make it too. Keep putting one boot down in front of the other and don't think about how much you wanna quit. Conquering that big bastard will mark the end of all the hollering and going out to the pit at 0500 and will make you an equal to your drill instructors. I promise you that you can make it and I have faith in you. Now go out there and fetch your own title devil pup.

News Story on "The Reaper"

Among the coastal hills at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Calif., the Reaper rises from purgatory and ascends toward a promised land where every Marine recruit on the West Coast wants to be.

Each man can see his title from the crest of the Reaper.

At 700 feet, it climbs approximately 150 feet higher than Mount Suribachi, the famed Iwo Jima volcano upon which five Marines and one sailor hoisted the American flag in 1945 during bloody World War II fighting. Though smaller, that volcano's spirit oozes through the Reaper's veins like magma.

Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego recruits traditionally contend that by marching together to the summit. They tip the scales in boot camp comparisons with MCRD Parris Island, S.C., which has its own trials but no discerning landmark like the Reaper.

After hiking about seven miles in the Crucible's final hours - culminating the 54-hour severe test of will - recruits approach the Reaper's scythe exhausted and hungry. Sleep and food have been minimal, but a warrior's breakfast sizzles beyond the summit.

Dawn breaks and daylight exposes the challenge ahead: a third of a mile with an average incline of 25 degrees. On paper, the climb draws out like a suspension cable ascending a Golden Gate Bridge tower.

"This is nothing. It's a hill," said a I Company drill instructor to his platoon waiting at the base. "We don't stop until we reach the top of the hill. We never stop, because there is no top!"

On the Crucible, drill instructors give recruits time to change into a fresh pair of socks and check their feet for any wounds or blisters. With packs and rifles weighing them down, the company steps off by platoons in one-minute intervals. They stay formed as tight as possible, each man whittling his distance to the top. Hopes dim as the morning fog thickens in the ascent. Pack straps dig deep into shoulders and boots hit the dirt harder. Platoons start to spread out as drill instructors shepherd formations.

A few brief plateaus taunt the climbers until they approach the last stretch and surge to the top.

At the peak, the recruits find pictures of Medal of Honor recipients mounted in wooden frames and drill instructors congratulate the men on their accomplishment. After marching almost 40 miles, the Crucible is over. With a couple more miles back to garrison, it's all downhill from there.

Wow. I had never heard of that. Thank you very much for setting me straight, and for the words of encouragement. I look forward to being able to conquer the challenge of the Reaper.

Bump

Good read.

Thread Information