I'm in DEP & made the dumbest decision ever.
Closed Thread

Exclamation I'm in DEP & made the dumbest decision ever.

I am suppose to ship on Monday, however I confessed I did marijuana..this moved back my date to I don't know when. I DEP'd in June and smoked weed in November. It is the dumbest decision I have ever done. It was my first and will be my last time. I really want to be a Marine. Now I have to get a waiver and speak with the commanding officer. Is there still a chance I can be a Marine? Thanks for answering.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Ni View Post
    I am suppose to ship on Monday, however I confessed I did marijuana..this moved back my date to I don't know when. I DEP'd in June and smoked weed in November. It is the dumbest decision I have ever done. It was my first and will be my last time. I really want to be a Marine. Now I have to get a waiver and speak with the commanding officer. Is there still a chance I can be a Marine? Thanks for answering.

What do you expect us to say? It's OK, don't worry about it? Choices have consequences and bad choices have bad consequences. If you REALLY wanted to be a Marine, you wouldn't have smoked weed. Period.

If you only knew what I am thinking,Semper Fidelis.

If it's only a RS level waiver, you'll most likely get your waiver. Don't ever disrespect the Marine Corps policy on illegal drug usage again if you want to be a Marine.

You did the right thing by telling the truth. If they keep everybody out who smokes dope (once), there won't be enough people to have a Marine Corps. You'll get your waiver but learn from the poor decision...there won't be a second chance.

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    I just got off the phone with an active duty Cpl, his re-enlistment was turned down because he had 1 NJP to his credit... The Corps is cutting back and going to lose some very good Marines.. So if that's an indication of things to come...

It might not be just a simple waiver anymore...

Yep. Arrrggghhh! God I can't believe people who have the world by the nads with endless possibilities, then decide to do something they KNOW is galactically stupid!

IF you get a waiver, you'd better thank whatever/whomever you pray to cause you just got lucky.

I grow weary.

As posted before.. if they didn't let people in who have done some sort of drug then they wouldn't have enough people to supply the ranks. You just happened to tell the truth and came out with it.

Edit: You did it while you were IN the DEP?! What the hell? Get out and stay out!

LCpl Yonkers

Last edited by Yonkers; 01-08-12 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Re-read his post.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Was it honesty or afraid of the pizz test results?

WHAT AN IDIOT IN MY OPINION I WOULDNT ALLOW A WAIVER PERIIOD. The kid was in dep since june and smoke pot in november WHAT THE F OVER. HE KNEW RULES AND IN MY OPINION HE BLATANTLY DISRESPECTED THE CORPS< I WOULD HAVE KICK HIM OUT< ANYWAY HOPE YOU LEARNED YOUR LESSON SON

SEMPER FI

stephen doc hansen hm3 FMF

June to November. That is 6 months of endless physical training and pool functions. You knew the Drug Policy and you violated it. I know Marines who got kicked out for smoking weed, so how does that make you different in the long run? You smoked weed while apart of the Delayed Entry Program, you should be DQed and not allowed to join. I won't feel sorry for someone like you who had such a great opportunity ahead and ruined it with something so small. If it was peer pressure, then you shouldn't even want to join, you won't get anywhere in the Marine Corps if you cave in to Peer Pressure.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLittle View Post
    June to November. That is 6 months of endless physical training and pool functions. You knew the Drug Policy and you violated it. I know Marines who got kicked out for smoking weed, so how does that make you different in the long run? You smoked weed while apart of the Delayed Entry Program, you should be DQed and not allowed to join. I won't feel sorry for someone like you who had such a great opportunity ahead and ruined it with something so small. If it was peer pressure, then you shouldn't even want to join, you won't get anywhere in the Marine Corps if you cave in to Peer Pressure.
    AGREE !!!

Closed. I think the answers have been given. No point in further discussion on this one.

Thread Information