Who reloads here?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who reloads here?

I didn't look for a thread like this, but I haven't seen one around here either. So, I am wondering who reloads out there?

What type of press?

What type/caliber of ammo do you reload?

What are some tips and tricks that you have learned over the years?

Is it MUCH more cost effective?

I can surf the Internet for the basics, and I'll be reloading with my boss who's done it before, but if anyone wants to share any educational links --> I'll take that, too!

That's all, for now, thanks Leatherneck.

RCBS presses,38special, 45,5.56,30-06,7mm Mag, 300Ultra Mag, 50cal,always tips and tricks by reloading differently with powders and bullets, way more cost effective, putting 3 rounds in the same hole at 100 yards, Semper Fidelis.

While I haven't reloaded in awhile, I'm getting back into it as my kids are now a little older. I started with a Dillon 450 single stage press years ago then went to a Lee Progressive when we started cranking out more rounds each weekend. Friday nights were spent out in the loading shed w/ some beverages ( I know) a couple of used smelting pots and a few shooting friends. We'd load up several hundred rounds of .38, .357, .45 & or 9mm to spend our day Sunday firing away. There is lots of info out there, Midway is a good source of equipment as well as some others. PM me if you like more info.

I reload with my oldest son the custom knife maker. I do some of the research and inform him. We shoot====223,22-250, 25-06, 243, 308, 7MM Rem.mag, 300Win.mag, 44mg, 357mag, 9MM. and soon to be 257 Roberts.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    223, 30-06,7mmRem.Mag,8mmRem.Mag.338,348,38Special,357Mag, 41Mag,44Special,44Mag,45ACP,460Smith,500Smith... Lesson Learned Keep Your Powder Dry & Your Pecker Hard!!! Buy All tha Primers You Can before They Ban Buying Em

Id like to but live in Philadelphia where it is illegal to do in the city limits

The bad thing about buying powder and primers through the mail is they have that damn hazmat charge so the price comes out the same so I do most of my buying at Scheels or a local gun shop,Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    223, 30-06,7mmRem.Mag,8mmRem.Mag.338,348,38Special,357Mag, 41Mag,44Special,44Mag,45ACP,460Smith,500Smith... Lesson Learned Keep Your Powder Dry & Your Pecker Hard!!! Buy All tha Primers You Can before They Ban Buying Em
    For sure, I must have 10,000 primers on hand at all times, take that away and they can control us big time,Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    Id like to but live in Philadelphia where it is illegal to do in the city limits
    That sucks Marine,Semper Fidelis.

Good info, gents - keep it coming.

Military brass is good to use also, don't load too hot and it is good for many reloads, once the military crimp is removed you are good to go,Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Was reloading 44mag with a friend but I moved. Went in with him on the gear so that made it cheaper. The best part was loading hot. I love that stuff. Did notice hot loads cut down on the life of the brass big time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oh and I have Bucket Full's of Counter Weights or Balancers used on Automobile Rim's or Wheel's...They are made of Lead! So if You don't mind taking tha time too Melt tha Lead and Cast them into Whatever Rnd.You are Using...I'm telling Ya those(HOT LEAD) WadCutters can Put tha SMACKDOWN On ANYTHING!!! Just takes alot more Scrubbing Your Barrel down afterwards but For Marines cleaning a Weapon is Like Finger Poppin' a Sweet Puss~~~It's Very Relaxing,With all do Respect

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Oh and I have Bucket Full's of Counter Weights or Balancers used on Automobile Rim's or Wheel's...They are made of Lead! So if You don't mind taking tha time too Melt tha Lead and Cast them into Whatever Rnd.You are Using...I'm telling Ya those(HOT LEAD) WadCutters can Put tha SMACKDOWN On ANYTHING!!! Just takes alot more Scrubbing Your Barrel down afterwards but For Marines cleaning a Weapon is Like Finger Poppin' a Sweet Puss~~~It's Very Relaxing,With all do Respect
    The wheel weights is all we ever used. You can read about different combinations of lead, tin, antimony effecting hardness and weight of your bullets but we found that the wheel weights had a very consistent weight and hardness. I still have boxes of bullets we cast that never got loaded, YET. The wife cleaned out the spare room, once I get the carpet out the new loading room will be getting stocked.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yepper Tha Man Cave

Thread Information