Combat Camera Question
Create Post

Combat Camera Question

Hello Marines,
    My name is Christian, and I am hoping to soon become a Marine. I have talked to a recruiter already, who is a great Marine, he hasn't lied to me about a single aspect of the Marine Corps. I plan to set up a trip to MEPS this week, so I have started to look at possibilities for MOS's. My first choice by a large amount is Combat Cameraman. I have been searching the web, including multiple forums, but have yet to find out how difficult it is to get this MOS field. I understand it accepts a low amount of recruits each year, but I was wondering exactly how few. I scored an 89 on the EST test, would that help my chances of getting into that MOS field? Also, a secondary field choice of mine would be Public Affairs. Is that also a difficult field to get? Regardless of whether I can get the MOS I want, I will still join the Marine Corps, I was just curious as to my chances of getting a certain field.

Thank you very much in advance,
    Christian

PS, if this is in the wrong forum I apologize, this is my first post.

PM sent (I know one member on active duty who is combat camera but she may be at MOS school right now).

I'm sure your recruiter has told you you can't enlist for a specific MOS.

Thank you very much USMC1963, just what I needed. Extremely appreciated.

@tennesseetop
    My recruiter did tell me that, I actually asked him if that was possible. What I meant was the field, if I'm not mistaken there is a field called "Combat Camera" and there are multiple MOS's within that. But I might be wrong, this is just based of the research I've done so far. If so, do you know what field is that located under?

Again, thank you both for your responses, it means a lot to me.

It actually falls under 4300, Public Affairs. But it's certainly a possibility. Always wished that I had done that!

That's what I thought it would be under but on The military page on about.com it had it listed has a separate field. Do you know if Public Affairs is a difficult field to get? I would love to do any of the MOS's in that field?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1963 View Post
    Ah, what a memory I still have at age 65---yes, there is indeed a former Combat Cameraman on here. I PMd him and asked him to take a look at this thread

Still modest too at 65.

Thread Information