Recon preparation
Create Post

Recon preparation

Hey everyone, I am a new member to this great community. I have a question that may have been asked a lot, but I cannot find a decent post about this. As my profile states, I ship out on Jan. 16 2012. I was just wondering what is a good workout plan that i can start working with to prepare me for recon training as well as helping me to further prepare for boot camp. All help would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by zraigy7 View Post
    Hey everyone, I am a new member to this great community. I have a question that may have been asked a lot, but I cannot find a decent post about this. As my profile states, I ship out on Jan. 16 2012. I was just wondering what is a good workout plan that i can start working with to prepare me for recon training as well as helping me to further prepare for boot camp. All help would be greatly appreciated
    They will take care of your body,, but you have to bring the heart -- do you have it in you? Most don't, but good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    You cannot totally prepare for Boot much less Recon

One day at a time
    Gotta have heart Soul Mental toughness

It can be done but it will require everything you have and then some

Credits
    Savings
    A key word apparently was not read TOTALY

You can read all year about securing a perimeter ,but untill you do it it will not make sense.
    You can study Martial arts a lifetime but until you have to employ in the real world-----
    I know of Martial arts schools that limit your blows (safety reasons)

Your inner self has to want something and be willing to survive the tough spots.

The physical part of recon really isnt the hard part for a lot of the guys i was there with. Its a mind **** big time. I was friends with guys there who were PT GODS...could run 300 PFT's back to back but they made some bad choices when they got there and the politics involved in actually graduating hold back some good Marines.

When you actually go to the recon trailers(you'll know what i'm talking about once you get to SOI) you will go to MART which is the physical conditioning for BRC which is the actual course to become a Recon Marine.

Thread Information