Bootcamp Squad Leaders.
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Bootcamp Squad Leaders.

Is it true that Squad leaders and other Recruits that have an assignment wake up earlier than other Recruits? If so, What do thoes Recruits do with that time? Are they allowed to S.S.S?

Who told you that ****? Everybody wakes up to lights, lights, lights. There will be days that u hear firewatch roaming around and u might wake up on ur own before the lights come on. I recommend waking up earlier if you can. Ur not allowed to wear watches or any of that crap while ur their. recruit training will smoke check you. but i always say what doesnt kill u only makes u stronger

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceckert85 View Post
    Who told you that ****? Everybody wakes up to lights, lights, lights. There will be days that u hear firewatch roaming around and u might wake up on ur own before the lights come on. I recommend waking up earlier if you can. Ur not allowed to wear watches or any of that crap while ur their. recruit training will smoke check you. but i always say what doesnt kill u only makes u stronger
    I agree haha. I dont remember who it was but someone told me Firewatch shakes Squad Leaders and the SDI awake about 30min before lights. I thought I would ask rather than listen to things im not sure of.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When I went through (1971), the firewatch did wake up the Guide, Squad Leaders, House Mouse, and Scribe right after he woke the duty DI (which was 1/2-hour before regular reveille). This was not required by the DI's, it was something those of us on that list figured out we should do so we were ready to do our jobs the minute lights came on.

I was the scribe and I had a morning report to complete, get signed, and run over to the Series Office before the platoon was ready to go running or to chow, whichever was first on the "to do" list that day. Getting up early made a big difference in getting my work done on time.

I can't remember how, but we were expected to have our racks made up and standing tall at lights on.

Credits
    Savings
    We kind of all stuck together and who ever the last fire watch fell on would make sure everyone was awake in platoon 272 so when the lights came on we were ready to spring into action and would not be half asleep or have a BIG JOHNSON!

Credits
    Savings
    I kind of think that this is what the D I wanted to happen and show we were a team and everybody worked together to as one unit. It made you use your mind and figure out that you need to be sure you are prepared and you stay prepared for and adapt to the situation to where you have control of the outcome. Just another little way the D I prepared us for what we would face in war!

Credits
    Savings
    Great! Thank you for the answers Marines!

Can't say about today, but when I was in recruit training, the people in leadership billets were up before the rest of the platoon (comes along with the job). Makes sense as they need to make sure everyone/everything is squared-away before the duty DI walks out of his hut. If not, they are the ones who will have to explain why not to their DI.

Along those same lines, when the platoon has any "free time", the recruits in leadership billets are still working on those duties instead of writing letters, studying knowledge, etc. A lot of responsibility comes with being Guide, Squad Leader, etc. and not just a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Can't say about today, but when I was in recruit training, the people in leadership billets were up before the rest of the platoon (comes along with the job). Makes sense as they need to make sure everyone/everything is squared-away before the duty DI walks out of his hut. If not, they are the ones who will have to explain why not to their DI.

Along those same lines, when the platoon has any "free time", the recruits in leadership billets are still working on those duties instead of writing letters, studying knowledge, etc. A lot of responsibility comes with being Guide, Squad Leader, etc. and not just a title.
    Hey Top!....When you went to boot camp I think you had to wake the horses too....didn't ya?......lol

i woke up after the first couple weeks to the ten seconds of static before reville started don't remember anyone else getting woke up earlier

Thread Information